I am changing the rear axle bushes for powerflex and wondered if I need to replace the 3 bolts either side which hold the axle on and the 1 nut and bolt either side which hold the bush in ? are they stretch bolts or can I get away with torquing the old ones up and just replacing the nuts for holding the bushes in?

Rich

I've seen plenty re use them but mine were pretty buggered by the time I got them off, I was not far off tying to cut it, due to age and seizing. A new set is a few quid, I ended up replacing every nut and bolt I took off for the bushes and ball joints.

They didn't make the ride any harsher for me and I was already on coilovers. Just doing the rear axle will make the car turn in better, I would recommend doing the wishbone front and back bushes too if you do the rear axle as the softer OEM fronts may just take up more slack with the stiffer poly rears. Best to match the rear beam and wishbones for predictable handling.

Lukey - with the front wishbones would you just replace them with oem or powerflex? not wanting too harsh a ride only gone powerflex on the rear axle because they are much longer lasting and not many people have had bad experiences with road feedback/ vibrationh

If you wanted OEM ones for the wishbones I would go for the solid wishbone rear ones which I think are from a 3.2 TT, then just normal VR6 ones for the wishbone fronts, the TT rears don't have slots in like the OEM VR6 ones.

TBH I would put powerflex in the wishbones aswell as you don't need a press to install the new ones.