Help with a misplaced bolt!!

Not had my VR long so I'm still finding things out. One of the things I've found so far is a bolt stuck in the end of a hose.

I'm guessing it's some sort of breather pipe. Whats the best thing to replace the bolt cos it just looks like a bodge!!

20130329_165521_zps7a464879.jpg

Ah yes. Someone has blocked it off....

It looks like some point In the past the PCV valve has been removed, possibly due to it breaking (common fault).

I'm not sure of it has had some of the pipe where the bolt is snipped off as it should bend towards to where it would plug into the PCV.

There's a thread on here with information on the PCV valve. Let me dig it out :)

Edit: here is the thread that will provide more info http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?232789

Might explain why I'm only getting 20-25mpg. I just thought it was my heavy right foot lol. I'll have to get this replaced.

Cheers

Just done some more reading on this. Probably going to install a catch tank instead of replacing the pcv. See how it goes.

Might explain why I'm only getting 20-25mpg. I just thought it was my heavy right foot lol. I'll have to get this replaced.

Cheers

Just done some more reading on this. Probably going to install a catch tank instead of replacing the pcv. See how it goes.

That mpg is quite normal haha