I did introduce myself in the Newbies section, but thought I'd do a build thread too.

Was told I had a OBD1 engine but now found out it's actually a OBD2. Looking at the cabbie more closely finding a few things from the conversion that need improving.

Anyway my plans are for a fibreglass install in the rear changing it to just 2 seats in the front (prob buckets with harnesses). Looking also at a NOS kit amongst other upgrades for the performance side of things. Exterior will be staying fairly stock with a slight race/jap look but will be getting fully wrapped.

483968_10200245458311863_1054072198_n_zpsf3df7487.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well after stripping out the interior I noticed sounds I'd not heard before from the rear. A bit of investigation and I've found both rear wheel bearings are gone, 1 snapped spring, 1 leaky shocker and 2 knackered rear mounts. So I thought I'd best check the front :S . I found there knackered top mounts.

So spent the last week shopping!!

Decided that it would be best just building 2 new axles and then swap them over.

Wire brushed them down and treated them with black Hammerite. The rear axle came with Koni dampers which I've greased up and work mint. I bid on some springs on ebay from Germany. Rokkor 30mm springs cost me 99p + £19 postage!! I've also just got some FK spring mounts for the front to give that extra 10mm drop up front.

Bought Flo Flex polyurethane bushes for the rear and Flo Flex front suspension top mounts.

Just looking now at some wheel spacers to widen the track a bit. Was looking at 40mm on the rear and 20mm at the front.

Will hopefully be back on the road this week!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...