is there anyone that can repair a circuit board on dash clocks?

my rev counter has stopped working in my golf 1992 vr6, ive tried a working rev counter in it from another set of clocks and it still wont work.

ive tried another set of clocks in it with a major difference in mileage and the rev counter works fine.

if there any companys from your expierience that can fix broken circuit boards?

Is it the circuit board or the gauge that has packed up? presume you have covered basics' date=' and verified there is 12v going to the gauge for the RPM?

[/quote']

the circit board, ive put another set of vr6 clocks in it that have a well different mileage and the rev counter works, ive taken the rev counter out of them and tried it in my clocks and it doesnt work.

u might find a local electrical repair place might run over it with some solder and a multimeter just incase you have a dry joing or a broken track.

its kind of a needle in a haystack thing though.

i do alot of circuit board work for my job but without a very accurate circuit diagram its very hard to check continuity and resistances accurately

so alot of the time we just re flow as much as possible an check the obvious bits

Can you not just get a set of clocks then get a mileage correction company to correct the mileage to the same as whats on yours? I have a spare set of clocks too. Not sure if they work or of the mileage bit I can bung them in the post if you want them?