Most expensive cylinder head ever? or is it the best?

I spoke to them the other day and they said its £1200 for them to take your head and do the work to it. They also redo the seats but thats £10 extra per seat. Apparantly it wont help you make more power but it will bring peak power lower down the range so it will fell quicker.

I am wondering if I did this and a big valve head at the same time how much of an increase would there be , and how much with all the other mods, shrick vsi etc. Could 230 to 250 be achievable on a stock bottom end? If so what would you get with a 3.0l bottom end or even a 3.2? My goal would be 250 and I think in na form that would make one quick car, very drivable too.

Guys, you do realise that's an R32 head don't you? :-) The advert is confusing as it mentions VR6 and the pictures are of a 16V head!

For what it's worth, a few guys using this head on R32s with cams, zorsts and intakes etc are seeing around 310hp, which isn't too shabby.

Not a cheap way to gain 60hp though.

As for the 12V head, yep, big valves make a worthy difference.

I spoke with TSR today and they want £1500 for a big vavle head, but they also said that with all the right mods i.e 3.0 litre bottom end or higher etc he has seen 300bhp na. That would be impressive. And very expensive. The acceleration would be savage. Imagine turboing it then!!

I have a CNC head, hand finished,on my setup with fast road cams.

It is expensive but does help de-bottleneck the flowing issue.

With the boltons I've got it's hard to determine the individual benefit.

My rev limiter has been upped from 6750 to 7200 but would be ok to go to 8000 for short periods, however, I'm not prepared to tempt fate and dance with the devil just yet..

SteveCollier26.jpg

SteveCollier40.jpg

CNCHeads is a division of Ric Woods Engineering in Manchester.

Steve

Guys' date=' you do realise that's an R32 head don't you? :-) The advert is confusing as it mentions VR6 and the pictures are of a 16V head!

For what it's worth, a few guys using this head on R32s with cams, zorsts and intakes etc are seeing around 310hp, which isn't too shabby.

Not a cheap way to gain 60hp though.

As for the 12V head, yep, big valves make a worthy difference.

[/quote']

I managed to return these numbers with..

Pipercross CAI

Calibrated injectors

Head and Cams

Milltek 6 branch, sports cats and cat back

GIAC remap

2904201013062.jpg

2904201013052.jpg

2904201013022.jpg

Steve