Finally scratched the Corrado Itch

so it's been a while since i signed up on here, and i swapped my mk3 gti for this beauty on monday :D, FINALLY scratched my corrado itch and it's been a while since i sold my mk3 VR, i needed the noise and something sporty, so far its been AWESOME, the spoiler, the noise, the looks, I LOVE IT

pics for now:

555780_10152712157765324_346657650_n.jpg

536867_10152712157500324_253907258_n.jpg

547665_10152712157490324_1496872242_n.jpg

522078_10152712157515324_522554880_n.jpg

needs a machine polish all over tbh, and a front splitter, then i'll be happy with the outside

main bit of love is the interior, needs new doorcards, which i'm on the case already :) (corradophil) and then the dashboard / heating needs sorting out, currently the heating is boiling all the time, and the controls dont really change anything, temperature, or which vents it comes out of.

one thing i've noticed is that with the above heating issue, the faster i drive, the hotter the air comes out of the vents, making a motorway journey VERY hot for my legs :(

anyway i'll be on here all the time now, looking for ideas etc

Cheers

Chris

Hi mate, Welcome :) Love white Corrados, the black room really set's it off, personally I think some maybe lighter alloys would set it off lovely! but hey, it still looks goooood :D

I've just got my Corrado on the road after rebuilding for 4 years! drives really well, and much better than my mk2 VR6 ever did...... Thinking about your problem, the Heater controls and Bowden cables are prone to failing, the plastic tabs on the back of the heater controls snap, and then your Bowden cables do not move..... You can pay upto £80 for second hand "working" heater controls, I managed to source one of the last new Bowden cables in the country.....

A worse scenario is that your plastic tabs on the heater box, easy enough to check. you can drop the lower dash trims, and you should be able to manually move the level to a more cooler position if your legs melt on a regular basis ;)

The heaters in these corrados do blow really hot, even if they are off.

Recently wet-vax'd mine out, had all interior out and has come up like new :) If your having the dash out though, id recommend replacing the heater matrix if it has not been done already, as you probably don't want to do a job twice.....

Do you plan to come to some of our events this year? Be good see some more corrados !! I feel outnumbered! LOL

yeh i'll be at a few events for sure, the brooklands thing really interests me, waiting to be paid to buy tickets

i fixed the heating issue, the temp dial had the back missing, but the cable still there, just pulled it until the air went cold, so it's much more comfortable now

the misfire is a bit of a nause though, i think it's the MAF tbh, as unplugged it revs the same way as with it plugged in

where abouts are you Pete?

Some progress then on the heater front then :) and at least your not melting lol.

Brooklands.... You buy tickets on the day, you just need register your your coming from the forum thread. Will be an awesome day!

I'm up in lovely stoke on Trent buddy. Are you going Stanford hall ?

There's a special display of 50 corrados there :)

Pete