Worst injury when fixing your car??

Hey all,

Just a bit of sunday fun again. After reading through Lukey's highlights of putting his gearbox back on, it got me reminiscing of times ive hit various bits of me on bits of car.

This looks like nothing but trust me I thought my finger had come off before i took my glove off.

Got my engine into my bay, and started disassembling my engine hoist. its not hydraluic, and is basically two girders strapped together on a thread to wind it up and down. Anyway I pulled the bolt out to fold it back up and the top arm swung back the wrong way, and got my finger trapped right inbetween them. Was soon squealing after that!!

1368388938_12129_FT0_img167_.jpg

Haha ouch!

We'll I snapped many spanners on my mk2 golf many of witch hit me in the face.

Punched bell housing on the Audi trying to get starter in an spanner slipped.

I'm sure there has been others but I'm still in one piece....good thread :-)

Haha worst thing I've done was when I was changing the bushes on the wishbones, I'd exhausted many possibilities of getting them out and lost my patience.

So I got the jigsaw out, then it jumped off the wishbone and landed in the back of my hand with my finger still on the trigger so it got driven into it too. The couple of seconds before it started bleeding quite a lot I checked to see my fingers still worked and could see the tendon moving back and forward. It looked like chicken and was gross.

Caught my knuckle the other week sorting my brakes on the guard, peeled it off like a cheese grater lol!

I once got my head slammed in a mk3 golf door at edition 38 once as I bent over pick up my torch lol. Luckily I was so drunk it didn't hurt. I blame the headache the next morning on the hang over ;)