my mk2 vr6 supercharged show car to track toy (PIC HEAVY)

Hi

I have been meaning to do a diary on my mk2 vr6 project for years but i have only just got round to it. I have owned the car for just over 5 years and has gone through a few transformations. this is originally what the car looked like when i bought it ( a bit of a scrapper) I had bought it off a mate and it had already had the vr6 lump transpanted into it, but it was a bit bodged so i thought i would split it all apart again and try and clean it up a bit.

P170508_1617.jpg

I then proceeded to fully strip the interior and exterior and rebuild it. I started by pulling out then engine and cleaning and painting the front and rear subframes. I replaced the old bushes with power flex bushes throughout as you can see from the photos. I fitted eibach anti roll bars front and rear. I also stripped all the brakes and sent them to be powdercoated. The colour scheme for the car was black and red as you will be able to tell. i built the brakes back up with new grooved discs, omp pads and goodridge braided lines. I also replaced the tired coilovers with GAZ gold height and damper adjustable items.

P040108_1432.jpg

P240309_1259.jpg

P200309_1718.jpg

Once i had put the subframes back on the car and got it back to a rolling shell i then sent it off to my local painters and had the whole car painted. I got them to smooth parts of the bay and weld up all the holes that attached the bump strips and arches. I wanted to leave the arches off so i also got them to weld in bigger arches so it kept the stance that the plastic arches gave. I also got them to weld up the window wiper holes as i was going single wiper on the front and no wiper on the back. I got the arial hole welded up also, the front and rear bumpers smoothed and the recess for the rear number plate shortened.

P070609_2012.jpg

P040108_1728.jpg

Once i got it back from the painters it was on to the engine. I had the engine fully rebuilt with all new seals, timing chains, guides etc for piece of mind that when i ran it she was going to be good. I also fitted a set of piper 263 cams, a lightened flywheel, techniclutch fast road clutch, a decent set of plugs and leads and a BMC carbon induction kit. I also had the throttle body ported and polished and sent the injectors away to be ultrasonically cleaned. I fitted a 6 branch manifold, milltek de-cat and a powerflow exhaust system for good measure. When id did get it on the road n/a it achieved 212bhp with stealth racing which i thought was a healthy result. I also fitted some red silicone coolant hoses, an omp strut brace and the slam panel rocker cover and inlet manifold powder coated just to tart the bay up a little bit.

P130409_1935.jpg

Now on to the interior. I decided to sound deaden everything. I literally done from bulkhead to boot fully sound deadened, it was a mission.

DSCN3093.jpg

I then fitted the carpets and managed to get hold of some lovely red and black leather seats. However the doorcards that i got with this interior were shagged and i didn't want to use them. luckily my mate had got some awesome M&J interiors door cards that i bought off him for a pretty penny.

DSCN3075.jpg

DSCN3076.jpg

DSCN3077.jpg

I wanted to do something a bit different with the dashboard and didn't much like the original mk2 dash. so i got hold of a corrado dash and chopped it a bit to make it fit. After i had achieved a good fit it then got sent to central blast cleaning where they flocked it for me. I think it looks awesome. I also fitted corrado clocks to go with the corrado dash and an omp steering wheel for good measure.

DSCN3074.jpg

There was probably loads of other stuff that i did to it but im trying to remember how it was four years ago and i dont really have that many photos to jog my memory. I finished it off with a set of Borbet A wheels and also fitted a set of HID's a debadged grill, colour coded door handles with no locks as i was running a toad alarm and thats about all i can remember. This is what it looked like.

P290809_1823.jpg

P070609_2012.jpg

Credit to you sir for the time and effort that has gone into this.

I uses to have a mk2 golf and this has thread has just reminded me how awesome it was, hey, 212bhp is a good result too, we are actually holding a rolling road day at stealth racing on the 16th June if your interested? Over 20 cars registered so far so will be an awesome day!