Temp gauge problem - Cluster working, temp sensor working

I'v had this problem since I bought the car, and realy never looked into it to much, but want to get it sorted - so if anyone got any idea where I might start feel free to chime in.

Here is a video with the temp-sensor disconnected (Yellow temp sensor)

http://s16.photobucket.com/user/Mawrick/media/13050049_zps2cf9e72f.mp4.html

Here is a video of the cluster when the temp sensor have been connected again:

http://s16.photobucket.com/user/Mawrick/media/13050050_zps46aa5c11.mp4.html

It will do the same from a complete cold start (on video oil temp was around 60 C).

I'v confirmed the cluster is working (in another car), and also checked with another cluster in the corrado with same result.

From the vide it seems like it will add a tiny bit to the temp when the sensor is connected, and also the needle seem to rise a bit faster.

Anyone ever encounter such a problem ? - or have any clues where to start??????

The car is a 95 VR6

Hey, this is odd... I wouldn't expect the needle to raise with the sensor disconnected, if you have put another cluster in your car and it still does the same makes me think there is a fault somewhere.

The only thing I can recommend is to start tracing wires back from the clocks.... A Bentley would be handy, the wiring diagrams are pretty good.

I'm sure someone else will have some ideas...

Yea, I'm trying to figure out the wiring in the bentley...........for me it looks like there is only a wire running directly to the sensor, and not going thru the ECM unit.

I'l have to have a closer look at this - it's bugging me :)

(I presume the Track numbers in the bentley is only to make it easier to trace it - and not actuall points on the car ??)

After much troubleshooting I finaly found the culprit!...............hard to track down, very easy to fix....lol (was thinking this is gona be an easy fix).

Turns out some former owner must have messed with the relay layout, or added a relay that's not supposed to be there - at least of wrong type.

They had put relay number "72" into relay slot nr 5 - where 43 or "open" is supposed to be.....:)

This caused it making a circuit over the coil in the relay, feeding the gauge a false signal......;)

Ohh, well that's out of the way!