A bad start to the day!

Going up a steep hill on the A249 dual carriage way (Detling hill)

its a 50mph zone and tbh i wasnt overly paying attention to the speedo as the car was pulling up the hill steadily around the trucks on the inside lane

brow of the hill a dam speed camera, looked at speedo and i was at 60mph :(

dumped foot on the break in a heart beat but if its a laser system then im pretty sure that wasnt quick enough

I know its my own stupid fault but still gutting as i have 3 points that was due to run out next year :S

I got caught a few months ago doing 34 in a30 and was gutted. The first time I'd been caught in 7yrs. I got the option to do a speed awareness course or take 3 points and a £60 fine. I took the course instead of the points. It cost £20 more to do that but I thought it was better than the points especially as I drive for a living and my company like us to keep points at a minimum

i certainly think i will take the course if i have the option, however i think its a good few miles from me so itll be more like £100 extra by the time i add my fuel bill!

best not get caught speeding on the journey either, thatd be pretty ironic!!!

I had a read up today. its apparantly at the discretion of the officer weather to follow the guidlines.

But seeing as 90% of convictions come from machines with no sense of reason that goes out the window

By what i read you can be prosecuted for 31 in a 30 if they really want too :S

I asked about that in the awareness course and they exactly what woodyman said. It was a camera van that got me the bas***ds. The guy in the van obviously never got hid leg over the night before lol. They do the awareness courses all over the country so there will probably be one near you