Right the cutting out kangaroos continues.

Had new fuel filter an maf

No fault codes.

It seems now that this only ever happens from a hot start. Ie car been off for 10 mins or less.

It will then try to stall, like a momentary loss of power. Rev an Speedo also die.

Any clues or suggestions welcome, driving me mad now. So intermittent

Good point um, I can also hear a relay click on and off. I need to pay attention next time to if the whole cluster is dying or just dials.

I'd have thought any electrical short shud throw a code.

Definately another avenue to explore. Could it be the relay itself playing.up?

Just had a brainwave on the electrical side. It's intermittent and quite random.

Could it be a faulty ignition switch, worn contact playing up? I've also had a few puffs of smoke from steering console recently but hadn't linked the two???

Did it again this morning, barely made it to work after stopping at garage then restarting

The only part of the cluster that dies is the Revometer, everything else stays fine

Fiddled with ignition switch seem to make no difference

I pulled over and everytime i revvd the car the relay clicked like mad an revs kept dropping sharply

i think i really need to find out what relay is clicking as may give me some clues

I'm afraid to say I'm a total idiot. Once again the fault was caused by my own stupidity!

Checking earth an I noticed the neutral battery terminal was not tightened up from last time I took it off!!!

Tightened it up an it's been fine since!

Guess it was just expanding when warm an losing contact

U all have my.permission to slap me at the rr day!