My 97 Highline rust bucket :P Tracktoy/daily.. Ongoing project may take years!!! :(

Hey thought i should start one of these off, so i got my vr6 back in October 2012 for £450 bargain right? her name is betty dont have a clue why i called it that just for lol what the hell betty it is.. anyway she has done 153k miles was used as a daily runner upto 2010 by a mate of mine been sat outside rotting slowly away so i fort i would snap it up and get her roaring down the road again... when i got it i put it for a MOT straight away and failed on alot of rust.. mostly in the common areas.. apart from that one bold Tyre and exhaust leaking gases and not surported which i knew it wouldnt pass on that just wanted to see what else they could come up with..

Engine itself starts fine as it should but.. when it comes to driving it very lumpy take off and slight miss on acculturation which could be a whole load of things i got some new plugs and performance leads which haven't fitted yet as the leads where all the wrong length? compared to the old ones... but defo got the right ones :/...

The last owner was a vr6oc member dont know about before him.. so if anyone knows anything about my car or seen it around would be nice to know what you thought of it if it went to any of the shows etc...

The plan is to make this into a N/A trackday car/ daily or something quick down the strip i know a lot of people will probz say charge it which i may do one day...

But the current plan is to find someone or somewhere good to get the welding done and mot prep so its ready for a mot then put it back into use.. places i have in mind are kraftwerk even tho they are more aircooled but heard good reports on them... if anyone knows any good places in the west midlands to take it to please let me know asap so i can get some quotes!.. i would do the work myself but lets say welding isn't my strong point!

The big dream i have for the car is to go to the ring with the club! and see if i can do it under 9mins not pushing too hard tho dont want to crash lol!

Will try to keep this updated as much as possible!

Speak soon..

1370275835_16533_FT0_74822_4319499861497_1295702796_n.jpg

1370275835_16533_FT0_282257_4319516341909_1095757992_n.jpg

Welcome to the club mate. Looks like you've got you'd hands full with this bad boy, its good to see so many people putting VR's back on the road, hopefully a sign of economic improvement :)

Keep is updated with progress, and hope to meet up at an event soon :)

• 3 weeks later...

sorry havent been on in awhile! im not sure what the wheels are suits it well tho nice rubs abit probz drop the profile down a tad! anyway the car has gone to stoke to be worked on so hoping it will be ready by September for the welsh mountain road trip :D having the engined tuned too to make sure she is running as it should be and better :P speak soon