Paradas managed fine for me in the wet for the most part once they got some warmth in them, I would never have bought them though, they came with the car.

Eagle F1 GSD3 when brand new have far too much squirm and shuffle, they are better about half worn, which would be about 2000 miles after you bought them, they are good but they don't last 2 minutes, If I didn't mind buying new tyres that often I would always replace with GSD3s, michelin are pretty much not worth the premium they think they can charge.

With regard to getting hold of T1Rs I just got a set for the A3 and they had a hard time finding them too, most places said that they aren't making them any more and have been replaced with the T1 Sport, as they now have noise regulations they have all moved to asymmetric designs, directionals are too noisy.

My brother has just fitted Vredestien Ultrac Vorti to his and he says they are very good, they look alright too for an asymmetric.

Had Paradas on my mk2 VR' date=' they were awful in the wet, maybe because it was a mk2 with 221bhp, but I wasn't impressed

[/quote']

Yes they were on the comps when I bought them from you, they felt dangerous.

As for tyres you will get 101 different replies as we all like different ones.

I love vredestein sessanta ultras on my R32, great all round tyre and cheap

Had Paradas on my mk2 VR' date=' they were awful in the wet, maybe because it was a mk2 with 221bhp, but I wasn't impressed

[/quote']

Yes they were on the comps when I bought them from you, they felt dangerous.

As for tyres you will get 101 different replies as we all like different ones.

I love vredestein sessanta ultras on my R32, great all round tyre and cheap

Agreed the verdistein setanta's are a good tyre.