radiator fan harness problem....SOLVED NOW ...THX

Hi all,

I have a vento vr6 that needs a new radiator fan - the connector to the fan that I have on the car is oval and the vr6 fans I have seen for sale have a three pin rectangular connector - is it possible just to change harness connection to enable these fans to be fitted ? unfortunately the part number on my fan motor is unreadable but I have been advised that the replacement is part number 1H0959455L and is compatible....

Can anyone out there throw any light on this problem for me before I buy wrong parts....or does anyone have fans with the same connector as me up for sale ?

thx for any help......

Hi mate, welcome to the club :)

Just trying to think back to when I was swapping fans etc.. In my mk2 VR, but think it was the rad switch thinking about it and not to the fan motor.

Never known VR fans without the oval connector though, you probably can chop in a new plug if you really wanted, but seems a lot of work when you can easily get hold of a mk3 being broken for parts that probably will fans available :)

Personally I'd get the correct part for the job... But that's just me :)

ok- thx for reply - I would rather get correct part as well just getting mixed info - spoke to someone who is breaking mk3 vr's and he reckoned connectors were all rectangular ?

I will keep looking for one with oval connector if they are out there though...