Large amount of smoke leaving exhaust after large amounts of throttle? And under bonnet?

Hi, id just recently taken my inlet manifold of to paint, but now after i give the car some power it begins to smoke alot out of the rear can and sometimes from the fins on the down pipe?

Have i done something wrong when refitting as im sure there was never this issue before?

Could this be a common fault and a simple fix?

Thanks alot Dan

Could one of the coolant pipes off the throttle body have been dripping down between the heatshield and the exhaust pipe, near to where the pipes come together (i.e. after the exhaust manifold)?

I did some work on the inlet manifold, and then had all sorts of smoke coming out the engine bay and under the car, for the first 15-20 minutes of running it. I thought something like coolant or lubricant would burn off quickly, but it only really starts evaporating once the exhaust heats up properly. I did crap myself at the time.

Give the smoke a sniff (don't get high!) - if it's white-ish in colour and doesn't smell of oil then the chances are it's coolant. If you removed the two pipes from the throttle body and didn't clamp them / tie them completely out the way, then one of them has a decent chance of dripping directly into the gap between the exhaust and heatshield. The smoke would be primarily focused towards the back of your engine bay, but was coming from under my car and at the tailpipe of the exhaust also.

If the smoke is correlated to you applying power (i.e. more power equals more smoke), then something's getting in to the combustion chamber and it's nothing to do with the above. If it's a general smokiness after about 30-60 seconds of starting up, which doesn't get any worse under engine load, then it just might be some residual coolant. I just let mine idle for a while and the smoke gradually went away.