I know there's not much power gain from these but I had a pug years ago on carbs and after watching a vid on YouTube with a throttle bodied vr I'm hooked and miss that sound.

I'm seriously thinking of fitting bike throttle bodies to my VR and can find hardly any info on this. I've already spoken to someone and they've said I'm to send them a gasket and they'll make up a manifold from that. I know nothing on bike carbs/throttle bodies. What I'm concerned is will they fit, we all know how tight it is in a mk3. I don't want to get everything made up sent here and it doesn't fit. Thanks for any help

I read an article a few years ago about a guy in America who had fitted some on his jetta with a vr engine and im sure it said it had to have different length mounts for the bodies to fit on will try and find the article it was either in pvw or golf +

This might be heplfull

Also from what's said its on ed38 so you may be able to get hold of the guy who built it

Always good when you see replies like "what are throttle bodies? I thought they were for old cars with carbauretters? " ;) hehe

There was a guy years ago on here, Gareth spiller I think? Who he a TB'd VR6 jetta :) looked the bees knees and sounded great!

Thanks for the replies. What that bloke was on about I don't know lol. That was an interesting read but Garaths car is running jenvey throttle bodies from what I gather and I want bike throttle bodies as there cheaper and I'm almost sure there smaller but I could be wrong on that. Reading that has made me realise there gonna need more then just a gasket to build a manifold, they'll need the whole car really

I think it will give a start point though and there's going to be some head scratching to be done bike carbs should be easyer than throttle body's as there's less to set so to speak but I reckon the lengths of the pipes will definitely come into play but as said there going to be sat in front of the radiator so plenty of hot air, maybe a relocation of the rad will be needed

That's what I thought about the rad too, I've noticed anyone who's got them has cut the slam panel and moved the rad. I might phone/email a few more companies and see what they say. And have a look at the weekend how hard it is to move the rad

• 3 weeks later...