Hi

We bought our first VR on satuday our lass drove it home and drove behind her, whilst driving behind our lass i noticed it was steaming out off exhaust, got home asked our lass how the drive was it was fine except the temperature gauge reaching to 110 mark that was on the stop and start but on constant run it was fine.... today i check if fans and they was working but when i plugged it back in it didnt trip in at any temperature so we change the radiator thermo switch and the temp sensor too which works fine now.. the fan kick in around the 98 mark is this normal.. Next question is what is the normal temperature read on a normal run what should it be.. hope this makes bloody sense.. *-)

The coolant temp should go to pretty much straight up and be held there by the fans and thermostat, the oil temp in the MFA (button on the end of the wiper stalk) will probably hover around 90 to 100 in a normal scenario, this can go higher on a blazing day in a traffic jam, as long as it doesn't go over about 115.

Hi mate, yep stage one is 98 degrees, so say that's normal.

My last mk3 the needle hardly moved from 90 on the gauges if everything is in tip top conditions. Fans ran usually when in traffic, my corrado runs hotter than my golf though!

What temps you getting on an average run now you've replaced thermo switch?