GTI International 2013 - My Thoughts

Well I enjoyed today immensely, good turnout from the club, many thanks for joining us today, full stand and a good mixture of variants on display!

I managed to snap my front splitter within minutes of arriving, the ground was very uneven on the grass.

The venue I felt was a bit tired and run down, could really do with a good tidy up and sorting out the grassy areas and giving it a freshen up!

Location wise, was great, much easier get to than the last venues, good amount of trade stands, drag strip was ok, but lacked grip from speaking to a few people, overall it wasn't very organised on the gate, but new venue comes with new challenges, room for improvement.

Weather was superb!! Wouldn't have minded some shade, will purchase a small club gazebo I think!

Corrado was faultless there and back, despite being stuck in traffic getting get out Stratford :)

Overall a great day, will go next year but probably won't bother having a club stand on the Saturday, but book more spaces on the Sunday :)

Met some great people from the club today, good to see some new faces :)

I'll upload my photos when I get chance :) here's one though!

1373229311_2_FT508140_image.jpg

Pete

Yeah organisation was pretty poor, when I arrived at the sprint area at 8 o clock Sunday morning with the caddy on the trailer asking where I could park they just looked at me bemused and told me to just put wherever I could, later in the day I saw a sign for where it was supposed to be parked but that area was empty! Also I was about 4th set of cars down the strip only to come out of the 1/4 mile at 120 mph to find cars randomly driving round not knowing where to go and marshals waving arms and hurriedly trying to set cones out! This was day 2 so this should of been sorted before the sprint started that morning.

Good day though but as said before the event needs some TLC!

The place has needed tlc forever BUT with a show like this they might be able to, they are limited to stuff they can do.

But anything they do, do will benefit you and us racers, strip was poor but we expected that, treaded tyres always ruins any prep done

Fingers crossed they hold it there next year, as I've never seen shakey so full, and I loved it