Putting trust into the Corrado.

I must be mad but I'm going to take my corrado VR6 on holiday to Cornwall at the end of the month.

If it brakes down I won't hear the last of it off the mrs, but looking forward to stretching its legs.... It's 360 miles each way plus what ever I do when I'm down there... Usually total up around 1000 miles...

Hope it goes ok as I'm at tatton park the day after I'm back :D

Do you take your VR on your family holiday ?

It will be fine, I have a few VAG cars now and all have had little issues but none have ever failed to complete the whole journey.

Just remember to treat her like the girl friend and not the wife!!

Check the fans work before you go and get stuck in traffic.

Good luck

I did the valve stem seals as part of the work, but think its the guides or rings giving me the issues, money is on the guides so gonna get a new head on and check out the rings too... 118k on the clocks...

All fans work perfect-o, it's all rebuild brand new parts and stays nice and cool even in traffic.....

Hah, the cable ties... Yah, 60 for a decent second hand one, it can wait until after my jollies :) I've done over 1,000 since its been on the road (may2013) so got a good feel for the car now :)

I have been probably about 500 miles in a day in my VR, I feel like I would trust the car that I could drive it a 1000 or more, but I have had it in bits and checked everything, and just replaced quite a lot of things in my ownership, and I have scrutinised it at least once a week for a couple of years that it has given me the confidence to say this lol.

As I say I've done over 1,000 miles now and fairly confident in it! Just need pump my spare up as I forgot inflate it again after I used it bleed my brakes haha!

Looking forward to it, it doesn't do too bad on the juice either and Cornwall has some nice roads!!

Staying here, so will be good!

1374520014_2_FT508640_image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Never should have doubted the Corrado. Was a great week of driving, Cornish roads are superb, done just over 800 miles and the only thing that broke was my drivers seat latch for the back support!

Corrado all tucked up again, in the punto tomorrow :(

Was fairly good on fuel! 38MPG on the way and 30MPG pottering about the twisties etc...

about 10 minutes in :)

Felt really good on the road, loved the motorway and twisty roads..... Just need to fix my little bits and bobs and give it a good hoover out!

It was on the club display at Tatton the morning after I got back home, done me proud!