VR6 Rage Buggy Build *Updated Pics Of Strip Down For Paint & Nitrous !*

Just thought I would share my latest project with yous and see what yous think. Any thoughts and questions feel free to ask.
Well the timing chain snapped on my vr6 and bent 10 of the valves so I stripped the whole engine and cleaned, Painted and rebuilt it with all new parts. Including rebuilt head, hotgolf lightened & balanced flywheel, Performance clutch, Stainless bolts all round ect.
Here are some pics of the engine.
Image411_zps06931ff9.jpg
Image411_zps06931ff9.jpg

So the engine was ready to be put back in the car then I bought a rage buggy with no engine and thought it would be a good idea to fit the newly rebuilt engine in it as the golf needed 2 full sills done and more. The buggy is a single seater rwd racing buggy and weights a couple of hundred kilos so this will be incredibly fast !! Anyway here are some pics of it so far.

This is how the buggy came
Vr6BuggyBuild-7_zps1657bc26.jpg
Vr6BuggyBuild-2_zps55e5a3d3.jpg
Vr6BuggyBuild-19_zps4eb16cab.jpg

So I stripped it down and sat the engine in place to sort the engine mounts out
Vr6BuggyBuild-21_zps0d12079d.jpg
Vr6BuggyBuild-27_zps1dae1625.jpg
Vr6BuggyBuild-27_zps1dae1625.jpg

Now all the engine mounts are sorted and the engine wiring loom all plugged in. Intake manifold fitted ect.
Vr6BuggyBuild-12_zpsa15d06cd.jpg
Vr6BuggyBuild-18_zpsdb11bb2a.jpg
Vr6BuggyBuild-18_zpsdb11bb2a.jpg
Vr6BuggyBuild-29_zps3d11a2f0.jpg

Still to be done is the brakes, Gear linkage, ECU and wiring, Cooling system, Digital dash and hydraulic handbrake.

Hopefully have this finished in the next month or 2 so will be keeping this updated.

Thanks

Edited by GordonC
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I got the buggy all up and running ready to go so thought I would take it up to crail to see what it could do. Heres a picture of it on the trailer ready to go The panels are made out of 0.9mm

Errr, there's other websites available for stuff like that Dave! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the injectors this morning so hopefully get them fitted on sunday and see how it runs. Then try and sort something out with the gear linkage still dont know what I'm gonna do with it but lol

Posted Images

Those shocks and springs were just put on for it to sit on but it will be lowered a lot more and have shorter shocks and springs. I tried to get the engine lower but couldnt because the sump was sitting on the chassis and I had already tried to use the golf subframes but it wouldnt work or make it any better. thanks for the comments, I'll hopefully have another update in a week or so

• 1 month later...

Well I got the engine all fitted and wired up last week only to find out the big ends were dry when I tried to start it. So I sourced a new engine which needed valve stem seals done. I brought it home took the head off and swapped it with my rebuilt one, Put it all back together and slotted it back in. It fired up but it was only running on 3 cylinders which I have diagnosed as bad fuel injectors.

Anyone have any lying around for sale ?

Anyway heres some pictures of how it stands just now

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now I need to start sorting through all this wiring and cut out what isnt needed

Posted Image

Comments welcome :rolleyes:

Well I've got some injectors coming in the post thanks to Daverse, So once they arrive they will be swapped out with the bad ones and hopefully it should fire up no problem. Dont worry I will post a video up of it running ! Still need to tidy the wiring then take it for a test drive :D