Top mount problem with my Weitec's

Hi Guys,

I have been on google for weeks now trying to find a fix for my problem with knocking and just really noisy top mounts.

I have replaced my top mounts and bearings (greased them before fitting) and still the same problem had a look at my bearings today and them seem to be wrecked already been in only a week.

Now I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, the first time i fitted them I pressed the bearing into the top mount then nut gunned the nut on over the top of the bearing and top mount.

I have seen a guide on here where it looks like I should have fitted the bearing then the nut with the top mount sitting on top of the bearing and nut.

I tried the second way today but made the knocking worse.

I got these top mounts from my local motor factors, do I need to fit poly top mounts to deal with the extra stress and strain from the coilovers? or is there an uprated bearing I could use?

any advice would be amazing and much appreciated (its driving me insane)

Thanks

No I don't think they come with bearings, so I have ordered so Febi bearing which from what I can tell from my googling they are meant to be good quality? Anyone tried theses?

I will put up my feedback once I have got them on, that's after I get my car started! Just decided not to start today think its the alarm and wires are voodoo to me lol

Ok got my car started turns out the starter motor had packed in!

Anyway I got my poly top mounts fitted and they make the handling and ride of the car 10 times better and my knocks have gone but I still get a lot of what I think is spring noise when slow driving and corrnering,

Has anyone had this before?

The weitecs have the helper spring at the top, is this right? It's the way they came but I always thought the helper went to the bottom, could this be causing my spring noise?

So all in all I do like the poly top mounts and would recommend them.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright Guy's 

Still having this problem!

Mattvr6 did the top mounts help?

I have replaced the ball joints and drop links.

I have also put the helper springs at the bottom and a washer between the top mount and bearing which has seem to fix one side but the passenger side is still very noisy 

It's driving me nuts so filmed the noise it's making to see if anyone could shed some light on the situation? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrSi0HWP7p0&feature=youtu.be

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...