How come so few shows ?

Just an observation really, but just wondering why VR6OC doesn't appear to attend certain shows ?

From what I can see, unless there is a drag strip, the club doesn't seem interested in making a presance ?

It might just be my imagination and I am not as active as I once was, but a glance in the Events section there appears to be nothing mentioned about many of the upcoming shows in the next month or 2 and very little that has gone on before in the year either.

Perhaps there is just no interest in these shows with this club anymore ? Is it a conscious decision ? Or just something that has been overlooked ?

I noticed quite a few comments pushing for people to come and represent the club at shows, now that could be (From what I can see) two reasons...

1. People don't want to attend drag strip centred events so much ?

2. People just don't want to attend shows and the drag strip events are the only ones that drum up any kind of interest ?

Anybody else have any thoughts ? Or input ?

I dont know about everyone else, but i dont go to a lot of shows just because im too busy half the time, but from what ive seen when vr6oc go to a show they go with full flying colours! :) as for the drag strip thing, personally im not overly fussed about watching cars go down strips all day, unless its something really special! I'd rather just sit round a fire all day talking to the owners of the cars. Just my two cents anyways :)

We did ultimate dubs, Tatton park the other week, inters etc..., rolling road day, and out national Day coming up at brooklands.

As There's me and Michael currently only doing club events, we only organise the ones we are going to attend....

Although not sure how you can say that really when you haven't shown any support in coming to any of our events for years... Maybe you could support the club if you are interested!

What we do organise is always a great success, noting the rolling road day sunday at gti international and Tatton Park, both fully booked upto the eyes... And we had a good quality display.

If there's no interest from people then I don't book a display, simple as that, I'd rather have quality than a display with a couple of cars on...

VW Action there's almost 30 of us going which is going to be awesome.

Costs money to get to these shows. Santa pod is at least 50 quid in fuel there and back bud, but its a good day with a variety of things to do, especially with the kids...

Have you tried entertaining 2 kids where your just in a field all day? Believe me mate, it's hard work....

So, this year we've done:

Ultimate Dubs

GTI Spring Festival

GTI International

Awesome GTI summer bash

VWNW

Rolling Road Day

With VW action in a couple of weeks....

On average an event a month. Don't really see that we are not doing any less than we have done in the past, but like you say your not active and don't really get involved with our events anymore.

Over 500 renewing club members every year, can't be going that wrong ;)

If you want to help, organise and promote events then be my guest :D

Dont worry pete; your doing more then enough. I thought helen helped out with club events and that as well? If you want, i can print off / you send me some flyers i can hand out at local meets? I get to more local meets then the big shows because their usually just week nights for a couple of hours.

We did ultimate dubs' date=' Tatton park the other week, inters etc..., rolling road day, and out national Day coming up at brooklands.

As There's me and Michael currently only doing club events, we only organise the ones we are going to attend....

Although not sure how you can say that really when you haven't shown any support in coming to any of our events for years... Maybe you could support the club if you are interested!

What we do organise is always a great success, noting the rolling road day sunday at gti international and Tatton Park, both fully booked upto the eyes... And we had a good quality display.

If there's no interest from people then I don't book a display, simple as that, I'd rather have quality than a display with a couple of cars on...

VW Action there's almost 30 of us going which is going to be awesome.

Costs money to get to these shows. Santa pod is at least 50 quid in fuel there and back bud, but its a good day with a variety of things to do, especially with the kids...

Have you tried entertaining 2 kids where your just in a field all day? Believe me mate, it's hard work....

So, this year we've done:

Ultimate Dubs

GTI Spring Festival

GTI International

Awesome GTI summer bash

VWNW

Rolling Road Day

With VW action in a couple of weeks....

On average an event a month. Don't really see that we are not doing any less than we have done in the past, but like you say your not active and don't really get involved with our events anymore.

Over 500 renewing club members every year, can't be going that wrong ;)

If you want to help, organise and promote events then be my guest :D

[/quote']

Please don't take it the wrong way, that was not my intention. I was merely asking.

I am the first to hold my hands up and say that I have not attended any shows with the club, in fact I have not attended a single show this year..... My car is in the bodyshop right now and things will al change next year and hopefully towards the end of this year....

But just looking at the list your provided...

Ultimate Dubs

GTI Spring Festival-----Drag strip

GTI International------Drag Strip

Awesome GTI summer bash----- Drag strip

VWNW

Rolling Road Day----- Not really a show

With VW action in a couple of weeks.... ------ Drag strip

To me that appears to be 2 shows from the whole year that are without a drag strip ?

Now like I said, it may well be that these are the shows that lots of people want to go for and that is what is catered for but I for one have no interest in sitting alone while everyone sits in a queue all day to blast down the strip.

I may be in the minority and if I am then all is good. This post was just designed for me to get a little more information on how the club is these days and what direction it is taking.

We used to attend shows of all types up and down the country but over recent years I have just seen it change dramatically to track only or track based events. Considering how much money it costs to get power from the VR engine I just wonder if it might put a few people in the shadows a little ?

But....

500 Renewing memberships each year ? Like you say.... Can't be doing much wrong :-)

Mark.

And we did have a Show 'n Shine at the rolling road day ;)

there's more to club events than just shows...

People like variation.

That's why we've had a good mixture this year, we've got driving weekend next month in Wales and national day at brooklands in October.

We have quite a few racers in the club now, and also still get a good turn out on club displays at the pod, inters etc...

As mentioned, and in the interest if variety, what shows do you think we are missing?

Here is my known show list; http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?503172

I put up a post a few months back about the VW festival at harewood house, Leeds that happened this weekend and didn't get any interest from anyone. And when I got there there was 3 lads off here one was on the same local club stand as me and there was another lad with a mystic blue mk3 with black and yellow cc interior on another club stand. It would of been nice to have a VR6OC stand there too. I know all 500 members that renewed there membership couldn't of came but another 10 or so could of :( it was a great show, quite a big one too. Maybes next year we could get a stand organised :)

• 4 weeks later...