Evening all,

I've been lurking around on here for a while now, so thought I'd better introduce myself!

Here is my 94 Corrado VR6 in it's rather unusual shade of Ice Grey Violet metallic.

It was heavily modified but is now standard again, bar Konis and H&Rs. I thought about selling up but have decided to keep it and either supercharge it or drop in an R32 lump as the 2.9 is getting tired.

side3_131.jpg

front_side_213.jpg

evil_eyes.jpg

Shrek and 268s now sadly gone :( Look how tight it is there compared to the Golf's engine bay! Notice the Lupo GTI 'aero' wiper blades, standard Corrado items are utterly useless above 50mph.

engine_bay_670.jpg

Standard inside now, but used to have all the usual momo stuff.

interior_593.jpg

Here's one of Ice grey's many different hues!

side_102.jpg

I miss those RH rims too :(

rear_quarter_179.jpg

Cheers

Kev

[ Edited ]

Hello Kev - still looks beautiful mate.

How come you've changed your mind about selling.

Can't bear to part with her?

I still miss my C and it wasn't nearly as neat as yours.

Happy with my replacement at the moment though.

Good to hear from you.

Cheers for the comments chaps!

The rims look nice but they don't handle nice! The thing is, RHs aren't especially heavy for aftermarket wheels but the ZW1s are 23lbs each! Compare that to 15lbs for a Speedline and 14lbs for a Solitude, and you get the picture. And that's plus air and tyres of course too!

10 year old subframes don't really take 17s too well imo, despite mine being seam welded.

Anyway...i was thinking of selling because Corrados are such fickle and flakey cars. Must be nice having a sunroof that works eh Stu and Anorak? Seen many Golf VRs at Stealth and they all put out similar power (sometimes more) than Corrado VRs and they're built better. I am kind of warming to a very low mileage highline at the moment I must admit!

i hear you about the sunroof!! but the golf doesn't have the class of a corrado really. I do like the stealth factor of the golf- people just don't expect to be blitzed by you 8)

the build quality ain't too bad (not fantastic imo but not too bad either)

if i keep mine i want it looking along the lines of the black american one in pvw this month

Hi Kev, one of my favourite Corrado colours that.....along with the Aqua Blue Pearl that i had before the Highline. Fantastic cars, and seeing those pics makes me want another.....in reality, selling that and buying the Highline was one of the best things i did!

Thanks again!

The Highline is the only MK3 I'd consider really as VW really went to town with it. Good engines those OBD2 ones aswell.

Mine's no ordinary Corrado though, it's been fully dynamatted, sound deadended and derattled. It's quieter than a BMW! But all that extra weight is taking it's toll so I need a more powerful lump now!

Not sure whether to R32 it or Supercharge it. I'd want to supercharge the 12V inconjunction with a bottom end rebuild, so I reckon it would be cheaper just going the 24V route....what dya reckon?

The 12V is past it's best now and the infamous 1 and 6 bore wear continually looms..... Are the 24Vs a lot more robust in this respect does anyone know?

[ Edited Tue Apr 26 2005, 11:00AM ]

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, cheers for the further comments. This is why I can't keep away from the VW scene. The mutual respect and common interest is hard to find elsewhere, in fact I don't think any other marque has so many fans, internationally?

Anyway, erm, the seam welding...Vince just did that for me during one visit. He used to do that to the Vento Cup racers he used to prepare back in the day. He ground the subframe joins down and then mig welded all round it.

Because the subframe is two halves spot welded together, you get some movement from it during hard cornering and it also supports the engine, so it's a hard worked item. Seam welding it stiffens it up and a lower brace makes it mega rigid :)

The sound deadening was about £180 in materials and a good 2 or 3 days effort, but mostly because I was very meticulous when putting it all back together, replacing all missing clips and screws.

It makes one hell of a difference. The roof (yes I dynamatted the roof!) sounds like concrete when you tap it...amazing stuff. Car is Mercedes quiet inside.

After all the favourable comments I receieved at GTI international, I've decided to keep her! It would be just plain wrong of me to turn my back on 2 years of hard investment and enjoyment!

Cheers

K

[ Edited Fri May 13 2005, 09:43AM ]

[ Edited Fri May 13 2005, 09:44AM ]

A few more links:-

http://the-corrado.net/forum/files/i_love_ice_grey.jpg

http://the-corrado.net/forum/files/swissoly_roof_and_sexy_b5_passat.jpg

http://the-corrado.net/forum/files/there_is_no_better_wheel.jpg

Stu, thanks mate, appreciate the positive feedback. I spent 5 hours cleaning and waxing it with Swissol products prior to the show!

Apart from the beatings the front of the car has suffered over the years (stone chips) it's pretty good.

Yeah I borrowed the RH's off the current owner of them for the inters weekend. I miss the way they enhanced the car but I'm loving the way it feels on the 15s again!

http://the-corrado.net/forum/files/boring__but_nice.jpg

Cheers

K