Senti have a strange knocking noise when im driving my mk3 vr, I've put new top mounts and drop links on and its still there, im thinking its the wishbone bushes now..havent checked them yet but I will. If it is them im thinking of juat replacing the bushes for some poly bush ones, just for longevity of lofe of them etc, anyone done this already? What make would you recommend and where is best to buy them? Cheers guys

from my GT-I9300

Senti have a strange knocking noise when im driving my mk3 vr, I've put new top mounts and drop links on and its still there, im thinking its the wishbone bushes now..havent checked them yet but I will. If it is them im thinking of juat replacing the bushes for some poly bush ones, just for longevity of lofe of them etc, anyone done this already? What make would you recommend and where is best to buy them? Cheers guys

from my GT-I9300

use mk4 r32 bushes!! much better!

Been reading more on this and everyone is saying its the rear wishbone bushes that you swap for r32 bushes, im pretty sure the noise I have is coming from the front and people are still saying the poly bushes are better up front and its the rear poly bushes that get sloppy and deteriorate??? Now im confused as to what I should do lol. Any more advice much appreciated guys :)

Sent from my GT-I9300

Been reading more on this and everyone is saying its the rear wishbone bushes that you swap for r32 bushes, im pretty sure the noise I have is coming from the front and people are still saying the poly bushes are better up front and its the rear poly bushes that get sloppy and deteriorate??? Now im confused as to what I should do lol. Any more advice much appreciated guys :)

Sent from my GT-I9300

mk3's dont have a rear lower arm????? maybe axle your talking about. search poly bushes for the fronts and experience with them, over time they push themselves out!

So Vr6pete am I right in saying I can just go to gsf and buy wishbone bushes for a mk4 r32. Do I use the ball joint from the r32 too? Is there any brand to avoid? I was going to buy lemforder ones if I can get them as I heard they are a good make.

Sent from my GT-I9300

So Vr6pete am I right in saying I can just go to gsf and buy wishbone bushes for a mk4 r32. Do I use the ball joint from the r32 too? Is there any brand to avoid? I was going to buy lemforder ones if I can get them as I heard they are a good make.

Sent from my GT-I9300

As Pete says R32 ones, I also run these on mine, I would steer away from low cost replacement items as the quality wont be up to much as i learnt in the past and will end up replacing twice, pay a bit more and get the job right first time.  :)

As Pete says R32 ones, I also run these on mine, I would steer away from low cost replacement items as the quality wont be up to much as i learnt in the past and will end up replacing twice, pay a bit more and get the job right first time. :)

Buy genuine, buy once mate.

Try TPS, often cheaper than stealers :)

Club Chairman

Ok so which are the cheap makes? Everyone says buy quality ones and I agree but unless I know what makes avoid I wont know the shit makes aha. I bought lemforder top mounts and drop links, gsf dont stock them but ordered them in for me and were doubke the price of the ones they stock lol, lemforder are as far as I know a good quality brand for replacement bushes/mounts. And am I using the ball joint from the r32 too, obviously im just going to use my mk3 wishbone

Sent from my GT-I9300

Even from the dealer bushes aren't an expensive item, I'd go for VW if it was me, as said buy shite buy twice and getting the old ones out and new ones in will be a bit of work so you only want to do it once lol

If you call TPS, they are "supposed" to be trade only but some are more amenable, see if they would do a trade cash sale with you, you'd have to go down to them though, they don't deliver to non trade.

• 2 weeks later...

So I replaced the bushes and the bottom ball joints yet the noise is still there. Definitely sounds like its coming from the front, im at a loss of ideas now apart from checking the drive shafts and front wheel bearings. The noise happens if im going in a straight line or turning, I hear ot qhen I pull away or am going over bumpy ground, had to go slowly accross a field this weekend and thats when I have he a rd it the worst. Any ideas guys?

Sent from my GT-I9300

• 2 months later...

i know this is a silly question but i had the same problem and it was a subframe bolt causing the subframe to rattle on the passenger side.turned out that it was the bolt because some one had put it in with an air gun and cross threaded it and there was about a 3mm gap.new pin replced and now is sound