Schricks 268 Cams

I fitted some 268 cams into my 2.8 vr last year, all was runnin fine until recently the car suffered Afew problems, lambda sensor died ect. But I now seem to be gettin abit of lumpiness/ hunting at idle when it's hot not cold! I vag com it and it says 00668 I think but could it be the cams causing it

I haven't had it mapped yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I fitted some 268 cams into my 2.8 vr last year, all was runnin fine until recently the car suffered Afew problems, lambda sensor died ect. But I now seem to be gettin abit of lumpiness/ hunting at idle when it's hot not cold! I vag com it and it says 00668 I think but could it be the cams causing it

I haven't had it mapped yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'd be very surprised if your cams were causing this, I've ran Schrick 268's in the past with no problems what so ever, even in an unmapped state.

Thinks like lambda, lumpiness are not uncommon even on standard VR's... They are getting on a bit now so don't worry...

Looking at the error code;

00668 - Supply Voltage Terminal 30: Signal Outside Specifications

00668 - Supply Voltage Terminal 30: Implausible Signal

Possible Causes

Fuse(s) faulty

Wiring/Connectors from/to Control Module faulty

Power Supply (Battery/Generator) faulty

Possible Solutions

Check Fuse(s)

Check/Repair Wiring/Connectors from/to Control Module

Check Power Supply (Battery/Generator)

Special Notes

When found in an individual control module, it's most likely a local source (e.g. wiring/connectors).

When found in multiple control modules at the same time, it's most likely a common source (e.g. ground spot, battery, generator).

Intermittent codes are often stored during low outside temperature when the battery capacity goes down and may be ignored.

Doesn't really give much away!!!

But a bit of reading up on other threads seem to suggest cam position sensor or MAF.

My money is on your MAF. have you managed swap one out?

Club Chairman

Did you guys notice a performance difference with these cams and are the cams really lumpy?

Top end is good with these and complimented my Schrick VGI very nicely, my last VR was pushing 221BHP.

I've got the schimmel 263's now though, very good with my 3.68 but no VGI, still shifts!!

Can't say either set of cams have felt lumpy, all very drivable :)

Club Chairman

Top end is good with these and complimented my Schrick VGI very nicely, my last VR was pushing 221BHP.

I've got the schimmel 263's now though, very good with my 3.68 but no VGI, still shifts!!

Can't say either set of cams have felt lumpy, all very drivable :)

Club Chairman

thank you for the advise i rebuilding a vr6 from bottom end up block is almsoe done changed piston rings big end berings and con rod bearing now going onto the head soon and heard schrick cams were greats so looking for a set