Hi people need a little bit off advice.

Basically the vr has been running a bit rough and it's starts and dies straight away, but if you keep revs up for a min or two it will run but but not very healthy and will drive. And smells off fuel or fumes

It then clears and is about 90 percent normal, just with a little lumpiness , but if you turn it off and start it, it will do all over again,

Could this be maf, sensor of coil pack?

Any help would be much appreciated

John

I had this on my Vr. Turned out to be battery needing charged. It would do exactly as you describe. Die unless I gave it revs and rev terrible.

Could be other things I'm sure. Start with the easiest first !

Hope u get it sorted.

took the maf out and runs better, so tried to get a maf but the part number on it i cant find anywhere

its bosch 763 24 3 b

does anyone know the correct part number for a 97 reg vr6 ?

thanks john

These are pretty common. See if any OBD2 VR's are being broken for parts on here :) I'd say they usually go for 15-20 quid second hand.

Club Chairman

look at the sensor end of your maf, it will either be a wire or a circuit board looking tip. It needs to be the same type. Its the easiest way to get the right replacement.

If you get a genuine one they are an exchange part, I got a gen one for £55, that was a couple of years ago but its still cheap.

• 1 month later...