Hi All,

Recently joined up when i saw the Brooklands meet on the TTOC forum so thought i'd join up and post some pictures of my recently purchased TT V6 in Dolomite grey.

Reason its "The Sloth" is its spelt out in the number plate!

After selling my Leon Cupra R 225 in 2012 to put some money towards a house i finally had enough cash at the start of this year to get a better car. Although i loved the 1.8T i really had to scratch the V6 itch. I started my search with VR6 Golfs and Corrado's but after an outing in a TT it wasnt long before i purchased this.

DSC09666a.jpg

DSC09663a.jpg

I bought it at the cheaper end of the market so it came with a nice little to do list of issues

•  
  • Dash Pod gauges read 130 deg c and full tank of fuel on start up
  • Exterior/Interior detail/odd replacement parts
  • MOT advisory for Tyres
  • MOT advisory for front brakes

So £450s worth of OEM brakes doesnt look like much but they are pretty big up front and gave me a change to paint the calipers silver

20130417_195444.jpg

20130831_171927.jpg

I knew i wanted Goodyear Eagle F1's as they were superb and confidence inspiring on the LCR so another £400 disapeared and i thought while the tyres were being replaced id get the wheels sorted as after 10 years and 70k they were showing there age up close. While i love the look of the RC's they aren't the most practical wheels and i was quoted £500 to refurb the lot given they are 2 piece alloys and was never certain if they would do the centre caps properly if id need replacements at £45 a pop each as they had the milky lacquer problem so i opted for a set of dirt cheap OEM TT V6 alloys and a more reasonable £250 refurb and then sold the RC's for the same so it worked out pretty well.

20130831_190610.jpg

Also in my first 5 months with the car its had a huge 096 replacement battery fitted to replace the micra sized one that was rattling around in the boot along with a replacement door card and drivers door handle to tidy things up. 

Now the interior only needs the leather cleaned up with a scuff master kit once i can work out what the colour is

DSC09668.jpg

Adam