96 vr6 1st ever project build thread,

I don't want to ask how much the Schrick was, got a feeling I'll be sick with jealous rage if I did lol! That's the problem with ebay, you can't help looking! I'm after some Hella quads, or Morrettes for my Candy White estate, no joys yet as I want a bargain lol!

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's alive! https://vimeo.com/127356810 Another box ticked on my bucket list.......own a supercharged car! Love that noise!

Got a few more bits done this week, not as much as I would have liked as works been busy and I've been waiting on bits including the longer belt for the charger that's coming from America and is silly

Finally had some time recently to get a start on fitting the air ride onto the car, I managed to get a hardly used Airlift V2 digital set up with twin compressors at reasonable price, Started with s

Posted Images

Joys if eBay!! I've just broke my ban of buying anything for my car. Be rude not too sometimes when you can get a steal

I do this all the time! So what you bought?!

I'm still on the hunt for a mint n/s cover as it's got a little stone chip other than that they're pretty much brand new now ! Cost me about £100 and I've got a few spares now!

The schrick wasn't an eBay bargain just got really lucky through the motor trade helped a lot by the fact the person I bought it off of doesn't do eBay;) because then he would've known what it was worth!

Edited by bennyk

Ahh didn't know these fit, so now I have 2 of these,black sun visors and black interior light on my shopping list!

In the last few weeks I've bought a new steering column cowling from TPS, apparently one half was the last one in their stock;ysa3u5y5.jpg Fits perfectly now as my old one was falling apart. yqage2ev.jpg Then got some brand new oe matts from eBay for £35 delivered;3usemypy.jpg8eza4u8y.jpgapy5edap.jpgu3u5u6a8.jpg

Then ended up buying a complete gti anniversary interior pretty much for the belts and the door cards being the same material as the recaros, got the belts in; u7uvepup.jpg so now I've got a set of anniversary gti seats I need to get rid of although I need a new office chair at work and I might have a go at 'adapting' one lol! As they're pretty cool!

Oh and got some aero wipers on using the the lupo/tt arm and 21" blade set up on it , from this; y6ymusev.jpg

To this; ( a pic from inters) 6e8ugyga.jpg

Edited by bennyk

I have black ABC pillars, grab handles, sunglasses holder, black sunvisors with twin vanity mirrors and a black interior light all to go in the estate soon! I have the loom for the sunvisor mirrors as well, but I need a different interior light with two three pin plugs not the one 4 pin on that I have if that makes sense? Mines for sale if either of you are interested :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks mate, don't worry I'm still keeping at it,engine out is next on the list once the winter gets here. Managed to get this one mocked up trying to figure out the spacer width for the charger as it's missing! So I can get one made and the length of the belt so I can run a/c;d605da4a36c974a1443007a3f26b1e92.jpg

Not sure which engine to use as mine runs well but has done 173k, the other engine is supposedly only 90k odd, but I don't know it. Which ever one I use will get stripped and rebuilt anyway.(winter project:) ) The second one does have a set of piper cams in it though that'll be getting used either way;) .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bennyk

Going through some of the bits I got from the job lot of bits I bought a while back and found this ecu. Any way of telling if this is a mappable chip? Had a google and found a couple of bits (one from dg autotech) with similar looking chips to this,7b6da2f08969b1a82bcbee45972adcc6.jpg

Or has anyone what sort of year car this ecu would've been off? The previous owner wasn't sure. 4617612ee35a81f891d160a2dfc2aec8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bennyk

Thats my winter plan for mine now. Taking out the engine and rebuliding it with new pistons and rings and anything else I may need. It has done 154k so would imagine it'll need a few other bits. 

But it'll be the first time i have ever done anything like it. So a tad nervous. 

Good luck with yours though, the piper cams sound cool as well  B)

• 2 weeks later...