96 vr6 1st ever project build thread,

That's something I've been thinking about doing, what you going to do with the sunroof trim and grab handles? Am I right in saying you can get passat black handles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sunroof trim is already alcantara too. The grab handles and interior light and sunroof motor trim are all gettin flocked too
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's alive! https://vimeo.com/127356810 Another box ticked on my bucket list.......own a supercharged car! Love that noise!

Got a few more bits done this week, not as much as I would have liked as works been busy and I've been waiting on bits including the longer belt for the charger that's coming from America and is silly

Finally had some time recently to get a start on fitting the air ride onto the car, I managed to get a hardly used Airlift V2 digital set up with twin compressors at reasonable price, Started with s

Posted Images

Little bit of an update for this thread, not got much done to it recently as I've been collecting parts for the engine rebuild.....which even though I'm not going mad with uprated parts is costing a small fortune! Had the spare head stripped, skimmed and rebuilt with new lifters, guides etc, still needs a good clean;45756c94e5345dd3e97c099fc70a2dcc.jpg

Then some arp bits turned up;4279deac0003f1a00a5328d3e082eef8.jpgee7b0ce526b57223ac94e74188f4f8ca.jpg

Also ordered new chains and bearings from oemandmore, Adrian there was very helpful I must say. So these should turn up in the week so I can start putting it all together.

Managed to get some highline door cards for pretty much nothing so borrowed the carpeted pockets from them; 91819037ca186c33ff8ca1d80aaa8f09.jpgabd17687917aefc67e87a7a8d94fc3d6.jpg

It turns out that 3 and 5 door, door pockets are the same in case anyone ever wondered as I did.

Then I remembered that I had spotted that one of the engine mount support bolts had snapped off, so got the crossmember off so I can try to fix it and hopefully powder coated and polybushed and back on before our rolling road day;d1199f1f62b80f1b1c451afc69574e0e.jpg8f15b44fc22939679d9f11a51e4a01c0.jpg

Didn't fancy a 200 odd mile round trip knowing about it!

Hockey puck is holding up well in there!6469c1c81cf0fcc3e2650086ee3c52ca.jpg

Got these ramps recently, highly recommended for anyone with a low car, saves a lot of f-ing around with bits of wood, even my low jack is no where near going under the sills etc, also means that the jack will go onto the subframe rather than making a mess of the sills!f09f507846b2c30f0f6cf36da5b8c6d2.jpg

Then gave her a quick clean and put the cover back on her! b9cee05c92b7df94470d667b4b341517.jpg

Edited by bennyk

Nice update ben, thought you were spending all your dollar on the fish tank.

I have been! Have to have a bit of time off from cars occasionally! It's pretty much there now, here's the proof! ; f882e638488c6ac624164669b8edad32.jpg

I take it you bought 5 door door cards and used the pockets? I need a set of three door highline doorcards if you have leftovers to sell?

Sorry mate they were 5 door cards, swapped them for a couple of old engine mounts with a mate who's 1.8t ing a mk2 jetta. So got a set of highline 5 door black leather door cards here of anyone needs a set?

Edited by bennyk

I have been! Have to have a bit of time off from cars occasionally! It's pretty much there now, here's the proof! ; f882e638488c6ac624164669b8edad32.jpg

Sorry mate they were 5 door cards, swapped them for a couple of old engine mounts with a mate who's 1.8t ing a mk2 jetta. So got a set of highline 5 door black leather door cards here of anyone needs a set?

Ah never mind!

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd update this a bit, been busy buying things and not actually doing much to the car, apart from getting this painted up and the b%$t+rd polybushes fitted into it....... Its times like those when I remember why I'm a bodywork man!14c5ac3273a6dd9fc6408e4405782b66.jpg

Then I unfortunately discovered that a good mate was breaking a VF charged VR so popped round to see what it was all about and maybe have a couple of bits from it, then got all excited about the charger and somehow ending up buying the car! af010d38bef6d8bb98c1cd863da833e8.jpg5a6678bc66b9fd3b2800f79871cec763.jpg

After much thought well about 30 seconds and the fact that Bealieboy was egging me on because he wanted a few bits from it, I thought it would be much easier to buy the whole thing because I want to change over the ecu as it was mapped by Stealth to stage 2 with the injectors plus all of the other gubbins that come with the charger, plus a few other bits like a modified buy the Phirm short shift gear stick turret, autometer gauges, then the plan is to sell everything left off to make a bit of money back as the car is a rusty p.os! So if you're after any bits please ask!

Edited by bennyk

Just going to swap the charger onto my red one and basically see how the engine in it goes for now and in the meantime get my other engine with the brand new bottom end built up with a spacer plate in it, incase of any mishap's with my original engine that's done 174k! I've hopefully already sold the engine in the black one, which has done 184k but runs well! It's confusing but somehow I've ended up with 5 bottom endsincluding the two in the cars!

Don't worry buddy your not alone, I got 4 bottom ends, 5 with one on my car. inlet manifolds I seem to get a lot of I have 7 spare atm, 8 including on my car. 3 cylinder heads, 4 including one on car.

Had a lot of it free, or so cheap it worth buying just to store, to save it being scrapped.

I need to find some cheap or free gear boxes, then I have whole spare setup!

Edited by c00k