Dash dies when running

Hi all,

Upon starting the rev counter,fuel guage,heat guage and LED display dies. The car idles fine etc. orior to starting when you turn the ignition on all lights and guages work as they should,even when the car is running everything works apart from the above mentioned guagea??

Just recently installed a Turbo and part of that was moving the battery to the boot.

All earths were checked and all are fine.

Anyone have any idea what it could be or is it just my clocks thats at fault? Just find it a bit of a co-incidence after the install?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like it's something as a result of your work to me, what your best doing is getting a set of clocks (borrow them from a mate / someone local) to check if they function correctly.

Probably easier doing that than troubleshooting your wiring at this point. However if you still get the issue then it's time to check your wiring :(

Club Chairman

• 2 weeks later...

So Ive noticed that the fuel guage sometimes comes on and sometimes dies when running....so im almost sure its an earth issue...?

Here is how the guy did the battery relocation...

Original negative that ran to battery mounted to body up front.

Then all power cables connected to a block up front with positive battery cable running from there to the battery in boot.

Earth from battery in boot mounted to seat belt bolt...

Does that sound right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk