New Year - New Look! - Updates! New Features!

Hi Guys,

You've probably noticed that things look a little different today :)

Hopefully the new theme is a little more in keeping with the logo etc...

Please let us know your thoughts, and feedback any suggestions to make it better :)

I will look at making it a little wider as I think we can make better use of the space on the screen...

Anyway, any problems just let us know :)

Have a great 2014!

Cheers,

Pete

The features keep on coming :)

Having launched our new site layout today (P.S I've now made the width a little wider!)

post-81920-0-99495900-1388700559_thumb.p

We have now added some new cool features!

Introductions / Avatars

If you have not made an introduction and / or uploaded an avatar to your profile the website will remind you that you have not yet done so :)

post-81920-0-47410800-1388700499_thumb.p

@Mentions

We have also added the ability to @mention people in a post where they will then be alerted in the notification window!

Here's an example:

@test

you will then be notified directly that you have been mentioned within a forum post / status update etc.... in your notification center !

Tapatalk for iOS Beta Testing

A major overhaul of TapaTalk is taking place to make the experience more enjoyable when on tablets / mobiles should you not wish to browse our main website / mobile version, or if you have limited bandwidth and need information from the website, please find below information should you wish to be involved with the testing :)

Tapatalk iOS 2.5.0 beta can be downloaded here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30445755/OTATapatalkFreeBeta.html

Any and all bugs are appreciated. To report bugs, please email me directly at ken@tapatalk.com

with the subject line: Tapatalk iOS Bug Report

Please note that this beta build will replace the current Tapatalk app installed on your device.

To make sure you are using the correct build, please remove your currently installed version of Tapatalk before installing this beta.

Thank you, and we look forward to reading your feedback!

News Feed

Finally, we have been experimenting with a "News Feed" where all site activity is logged in a single "wall" of information - this is still under test / development and requires further work but some people may find it useful, and we also have a "news feed" on the main forum index page that will keep you upto date of new events / event updates, gallery images, when people become club members, signup to the website, become friend, status updates etc....

http://www.vr6oc.com/forum/stream.html

We want our forums to be more than a forum, and to bring some engagement / interaction between its members :) with 2014 being upon us we want to make using the website a truly enjoyable experience!

If you have any suggestions / feedback please do let us know!