Hi there, im having an issue with my supercharged VR6. Doesnt seem to be running smoothly but the main issue is to do with the idle. When im coming to a stop and i dip my clutch it just wont catch itself. I have to heel toe it to get it to keep ticking over.

Its also very bad on tickover when cold also. Ive plugged in my code reader and it brought up 4 faults, 1 being an interface 65535, another is the G28 engine idle speed sensor, another being the Mass Air flow meter and the last being a PC valve i think.

I replaced the G28 sensor and it made absolutely no difference. I have had abit of a mess around with it today and ran it with the MAF unplugged to see what difference it made, it very very slightly improved but it still wants to cut out when i dip my clutch as im coming to a stop.

Ive noticed aswell the fans seem to be running constantly, even when starting from cold.

Can anyone offer some advice? Its an ODB2 engine.

Edited by eddy16v

I'd say MAF or blue temp sensor.

http://myquickfix.co.uk/2013/12/replacing-the-blue-coolant-temperature-sensor-in-the-golf-vr6-mk3/

If your fans are running constantly try unplugging yellow sensor plug and see if they stop - this is the after run function and aux pump, if it stops when you un plug it may suggest the sensor is duff.

It's unusual for an obd2 to suffer this type of problem, only time I've had this before is when I've had an air / vacuum leak intake side.

They have what's called a stepper motor which is built into the black module on the side of the throttle body,that controls the idle throttle position etc if that's out of sync can cause issues had to do it a lot on mk4s at work, have u had it scanned to c if there's any codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk