VRT twinscroll manifold

Hey lads I'm going to be starting to build up my engine this weekend but I'm after some advice on my turbo choice and the manifold.

i opted for a 6262 T4 ( divided ) ar.82 turbo, im struggling to find a manifold thats not over £1000++ I'm not after spending that much so was looking to build my own. I would be using just one MVR ( 44mm ) wastegate divided up to the wastegate.

i only have a SIP migrate welder and should be up to the job of welding it up But can anyone tell me what would be the best material to use I'm only looking to use mild steel. i no its going to be a sod to build and could crack 

so would it be worth buying a new housing and getting a log manifold

11968309703_7ee032b2ab.jpg

OR

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have a look on German eBay I've seen a few of em on there before Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is making me a bespoke turbo back exhaust for my MK 4, next week we will make a cat back, also a de cat pipe and then, when we fit the turbo he will make the down pipe. All stainless and hand made

I'm doing full tubular mani with individual headers. Well, trying. So far I've just swore and nearly cut my hand off with a slitting disc. Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Im in the middle of building a tubular manifold, and im using 1.5" Stainless sch.45 i think. Would be better tigging it if you can. Also if you help retain the heat i.e heat wrap or ceramic coating e.t.c it would help cracking.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Im in the middle of building a tubular manifold, and im using 1.5" Stainless sch.45 i think. Would be better tigging it if you can. Also if you help retain the heat i.e heat wrap or ceramic coating e.t.c it would help cracking.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

yeah i would love to tig it but don't have access to one and have never used one. are you doing a full tubular manifold or like what I'm doing??

Speak to Russ Fellows, he will fabricate anything to a high standard, follow this link to his website.

RUSS FELLOWS

sweet ill drop him an email, but I'm not looking at spending the amounts some places have quoted lol but we shall see 

yeah i would love to tig it but don't have access to one and have never used one. are you doing a full tubular manifold or like what I'm doing??

I'm doing full tubular mani with individual headers. Well, trying. So far I've just swore and nearly cut my hand off with a slitting disc.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

I think you would need 2 wastegates either side of the collector as exhaust gasses would only escape 1 side and over boost on the other 3 cylinders but I could be wrong.... a proper built twin scroll will give you better spool and top end power.. all depends on how well you make it flow really... but daverse looks to be doing it the right way with stainless... just my 2p worth lol good luck with it

Iv noticed some of the big power Honda boys use a single 44mm on twin scrolls they connect both sides if the scrolls together into one pipe and use the single wastegate to control both, I'll find a pic to show you what I mean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just made a tubular manifold. It's not twin scroll though!

Made from stainless bends and just migged together (apparently migging means less chance of the welds cracking)

About 40hrs work and I still need to make some supports and I'm going to wrap it in exhaust wrap.

20131222_203749_zpsb55911f3.jpg

20131222_204755_zps65d9ccfb.jpg

20140109_122158_zps06de053d.jpg

Oh and it's a mk1 caddy engine bay so very little room

20140107_211815_zpse14572d8.jpg

I got it from these guys. http://www.ospreyexhaustcomponents.co.uk and was the cheapest stainless 48mm pipe I could find on the net, I bought 12 90 deg bends and 6 135deg bends, and only have a 1 of each left!

A divided mani would be done pretty much in the same way but just a different flange and slightly different collector.

Currently not got a definite figure but anything over 400 id be happy.

Setup;

6262 divided ar.84.

630cc injectors.

034 Motorsport fuel rail.

034 fpr adaptor.

Precision front mount rated to 750bhp.

8:5:1 compression.

Arp fixings.

Oil cooler.

Hard boost pipes.

Will be using United Motorsport software and pro maf if compatible with water meth.

Water/meth injection

And of course the manifold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk