Cars had a dodgy mot... help required please ..

Right then im in the trade myself so i understand a small amount about the vosa procedure  BUT  im after personal experiences and to be honest people opinions on what they would do in regards to this ..

The vr6 i bought the other day had an mot on 11th December 2014..  on the way home a tyre blew out ..  i kno the rules in regards to tyres as cant be proven they were on the car at the time of test ... BUT i think it goes aslong way to show the condition the car had been kept in if the tyres wernt even maintained. but basically the biggest concern is the ball joint were hanging out there arse ...  still got these in a box after i changed them ... plus the floor is in a bad way really in regards to being able to pass an mot ..  there is damage to the inner sills all the way along aswell as some rott in places thats gone through and there is a very bad hole in the drivers side thats basscially split the sill and took  the floor up aswell .. looks like its been jacked up poorly and thats led to the corrosion there. 

But the damage to the floor must of been there longer than 8 months easy id say due to the colouring and the state of decay... 

so im going to get my mate who is a tester to ring the garage  in question tomorrow ..  he rekons ill get some ££ back off either them or the kid i gotit off but i wanted peoples personal experiences. tad f*cked off cuz i have to carry my son about but luckily ive never put him in it.

We had a similar situation a while back at work (I work for a test station). Where a friends daughter had bought a car wich had been tested the day she bought it. The car was a right mess all lights on the dash ball joints hanging out air bag had been glued into the dash wonky. We got the tester to write an official report and it was sent to trading standards the seller offered to put the car right.

I was in the same boat when I got mine home, it was lowered a lot so getting down as far as I could and still keep my glasses on my face to see it looked fine, a 4 post lift back at home revealed pretty much the same thing you did.

I was pissed off but bought the thing to restore so it just meant more of a job. I was told way too far into fixing it that the old MOT being quite new was obviously cowboy and that I should have contacted vosa and got them to come and see it before I started and they would have blatantly seen it was a dodgy certificate.

I don't know if this is true as people say a lot of things but they said that you could get money off the tester that dodged the test and the owner towards the repair I it's blatantly obvious it had been terse for longer than the 1 month old test cert, which yours obviously is.

to be honest i would carry the repairs out if i had time but i dont  plus i think id be happy even if they paid for the labour bill n bought the sills!! but im gonna try my hardest to get a few quid outa him as im 900 into this golf now n with the floor n sill repairs its gonna be about 80-90 a side for sills and i dunno bout labouer say ....  £100 a side so it s a good 350-400 at a guess for it to be done right ..  sealed n painted 

I take it you mean it was tested in 2013. Would be really dodgy if it said 2014 lol but to be honest mate I've never really heard of anyone getting very far with disputing dodgy mots as it is hard to prove it was like that when tested but if the sills are as bad as they sound then its worth a shot

VR6 Loonibuggy Santa Pod 2014 !

see my mates a tester and i know a few others ,  Vosa are on the testers side granted ..  but if there is one thing Vosa does not like its rott ..  and i know from some onle close tome that they had to pay 600 odd quid to recitify a problem over a so called dodgy Mot .. well  it will be interesting tomorrow to say the least.

just f*cked me off some 1 would stick a ticket on something as bad as that or be stupid enough to give one out without seeing the car and some 1 sell it on ..  if id out my lad in it and then seen it id probably be awaiting  a trail date about now.. plus its getting in the way of my progress as im seriously debating charging ot turboing and sourcing parts but i need the rest of the car done first.

Makes me laugh when a tester will just pass it like that probably got a few quid in his back pocket for it. I'm awaiting a date for my testers course and I wouldn't dream of passing a car like that. You out the put the new owner at risk which you could technically get manslaughter for. Then you risk losing your license which you lose your job then you are screwed.

just f*cked me off some 1 would stick a ticket on something as bad as that or be stupid enough to give one out without seeing the car and some 1 sell it on .. if id out my lad in it and then seen it id probably be awaiting a trail date about now.. plus its getting in the way of my progress as im seriously debating charging ot turboing and sourcing parts but i need the rest of the car done first.

Totally agree mate, some people just have no conscience! :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

this is true but as my little lad is my world as the same with all parents id hope i would of been left with no choice but to deal with it how i saw fit ..  but the fact still remains the car should not of had a ticket on it as and such tomorrow i guess will  be the day where i either go searching for some inner n outer sills myself or book it in n get some1 to pick up  the tab...  everybody has a friendly mot tester and to  be honest if a car is bought in n inspected and its something that doesn't affect the safety of the vehicle and you know for a fact its going to be repaired or replaced then mot it so be it ...  but chassis damage, rott, anything that affect structure or safety is just asking for trouble... same as selling a car knowing its got a dangerous fault ..  should have your hands cut off n mouth sown shut sou cant bodge n cant lie !