pressurising out the header tank

Hey people, got a problem / headache

Here goes - When on idle the car doesn't overheat or bubble up, could say it runs near perfect but when you press the accelerator the water level in the header tank goes down slowly then rises back up and sometimes and boils out the overflow when you take your foot off the accelerator. Also when rolling I have a loss of power when accelerating like it wants to go but is being restricted.

I've changed

Header tank

Both water pumps

Thermostat

Head gasket

The car had been sat for bout a year as I was rebuilding it slowly.

Just before I put it down it ran fine even tho it had a slight leak due to the head gasket going, I also used some stop leak just before putting the car down, a year ago

since lastweek i have fitted a new temp stat, had the rad flushed and the car scanned

but no codes have come up

The head was skimmed and compression tested as my old one was kinda bad

Help plz

Hi, I bought a salsa green colour concept with vr transplant that had the same prob. I walked away and several days later the seller said the rubber seal inside expansion cap was perished and all was fine with the car after it was replaced. I didn't trust him as I thought it was hg. I'm interested to hear what others have to say on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id do a sniff test mate. Mine was the same and it was the head gasket. There was exhaust fumes found I my header tank when I done the sniff test andthats why it was pressurising and doing exactly the same as you described

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Couod someone enlighten me on this sniff test and what it shouod smell like?? :) cheers

I'm not sure Mate lol. The test is a bottle full of a blue liquid and it got like a bung thing in the top of it. You turn it upside down and the bung fits in the top of the header tank then the blue liquid turns a different colour to indicate that the gasket is gone

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk