vr6 swap, vag com problems

Hi all, haven't been on here in a while but I'm putting my vr back on the road, well road legal so I can get to Santa pod and track days :-P

Anyways, iv been trying to get vag com to read my ecu iv traced the Kline from the ecu (pin 43) and is connected the obd2 port, I've got a good ground and good 12v source the obd2 port, every time I try scan the ecu I get communication errors, I'm using the new version of the eBay cable with the Windows drivers with vag com lite, anyone have any luck with these cables?

Btw my ecu has had it's immobilizer delete by c2 and iv managed to read the air bag but that's it.

Well guys, iv tried a few versions of vagcom, 301,401 and vag lite, still can't get it to scan, iv changed every setting on the cable i.e. latency, speed, then even had a mate try with a official cable and registered version of vag com, anyone had problems scanning the ecu? I'm going to check the grounds for the ecu at the weekend but it would be nice to hear if anyone has been here before.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Edited by p0u1

Well I re wired the grounds and the ecu still won't scan, the car runs and there no miss firing it's very smooth tbh, it's just ruining really rich, think I'm going to look at mega squirt now, I think there's something wrong with my vw ecu.

So am I right in saying I can use all my sensor on mega squirt 2 or 3, I won't need things like a trigger wheel as ms2 can use the oem sensor etc..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk