So whats the score with bottomends aye?

How can you tell the bores are worn?

What sort of mileage can you expect out of them?

Do you need to replace the rod bolts and main bolts?

Whilst its apart checks on the oil pumps? What involved?

With a bare block taken into a machine shop what is the average price for a slight overbore?

Also with a slight overbore do you just use oversized piston rings? Or do you end up using new pistons?

Im asking these questions as ive currently got the lump out to do the chains and valve guides. Im starting to think what the hell lets open up the bottom end and see whats worn out. As they say "when in rome"

I had the same idea when i rebuilt mine as its only afew more bolts and i could just rebuild the whole thing.

I had a quote from the machine shop for £700 quid for doing mine, hone,new rings,keeping existing pistons,new big end bearings and new rod bearings,new bolts throughout

I didnt have the money so cleaned up the piston tops and built it back together.

If you overbore it to 3l then you will need larger pistons,would need new bolts but generally not ARP as the standard ones can take alot of power but if you going big then i would for peace of mind i guess.

as for when they should be done i guess its like most things,how hard its life has been and how many miles but you can measure the bores with a capillary gauge to see for wear.