golf vr6 mk3 door sills - who is best too buy from? any pictures?

i need to do the door sills on my vr6 golf as there getting rusty, no point in fixing them, just going to cut them all out. what is the best place to buy them from?? are genuine vw ones avaliable still?

any pictures of them fitted?

If you're talking about outer sill panels,I got pattern ones for mine. I only used sections of them,can't see the point of cutting out good metal. They were about £15 a side trade price,I didn't even bother getting a price (or availability)for genuine ones. They fitted pretty well with a bit of 'tapping' about! I pumped them full of cavity wax and can't see them being a problem for a few years;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're talking about outer sill panels,I got pattern ones for mine. I only used sections of them,can't see the point of cutting out good metal. They were about £15 a side trade price,I didn't even bother getting a price (or availability)for genuine ones. They fitted pretty well with a bit of 'tapping' about! I pumped them full of cavity wax and can't see them being a problem for a few years;)

same as mine, some places are decent but some places need sorting! mainly the jacking points where dumb asses in the past have jacked it up!

there are some on ebay but im not sure?

Edited by paceo

same as mine, some places are decent but some places need sorting! mainly the jacking points where dumb asses in the past have jacked it up!

there are some on ebay but im not sure?

Yeah mine was the same,so I reinforced the front jacking points with thicker sheet metal before putting the new sills on as the outer sills don't really have any strength in them! I'm sure tge eBay ones will be fine, I've always found that most of the pattern stuff is all exactly the same just with different stickers on them!

Have a look at my build thread to see how I did it mate;)

I asked my local vw dealer a couple of years ago for a quote on the outer sills each and they was about £140 each from memory (which isn't very good) was certainly over £100. I patched mine up with sheet as there wasn't too much needed doing but would have got pattern sills if there was a bit more needing doing.

Sent from your mums iPhone using Tapatalk