Evening chums, just thought I'd post up about my Corrado.

I've had it nearly a year and have had a few problems with it, have a look here..http://www.vr6oc.com/forum/topic/43675-a-few-problems-with-my-29-abv/

Anyway, a little update.  Car has been running fine but I've noticed some high oil temps, a drop in pressure and some strange noises so thought its time to look for a new engine.

The engine in 'Stormy' has 140,000 on it and has had 'issues' in the past so when a replacement came up local for not a lot of cash I though I'd go for it.
This engine has a documented rebuild 20k ago so is an ideal replacement.

So last week me and my mate Dale had a little road trip up to Exeter to collect the new lump, we had to remove it but the car is stripped so we managed to get it out in about 10 mins, owner threw in the gearbox for nothing.
imagejpg1_zps7d9755a5.jpg

Originally I was going to strip it all down and rebuild prior to fitting but as it's only got 20k on it since rebuild I can't really see the point, so it'll just get a clean up.

So got it home.
imagejpg1_zpsa9790be6.jpg

Got the gearbox off.
imagejpg2_zpsf0a62567.jpg

Quick coat of hammerite later.
imagejpg3_zps3346e740.jpg

There was no mention of the crank seal being replaced at rebuild in the paperwork so while the gearbox is off I thought it would be a good idea to replace it, at £8 it's a no brainer.

imagejpg5_zps9cb9f6fc.jpg

First remove the cover.
imagejpg6_zps3c7a41c3.jpg

Then drive out the old seal with a punch.
imagejpg7_zpsba09760c.jpg

The new seal is quite tight so I though I'd heat the case up in the oven.
imagejpg8_zpsd5c3738b.jpg

And cool the seal.
imagejpg9_zps2baf62d3.jpg

Then after 10 mins at gas mark 4 and some persuasion with a tappity hammer the seal is home.
imagejpg10_zps26e50417.jpg

Some liquid gasket and the cover is back on with a nice new crank seal.
imagejpg11_zpsd1f9a7b8.jpg

Glad I bothered, the old seal had signs of damage.
imagejpg12_zpsd8f0903f.jpg

Rog.
I think I've found what's causing my noise and high oil temps.

The cams are buggered.

IMG_4622_zps21c49f8f.jpg

IMG_4623_zps168b22df.jpg

IMG_4624_zps35cc0519.jpg

IMG_4625_zps07cc8780.jpg

IMG_4626_zps88769592.jpg

IMG_4627_zps20add64e.jpg

I'm pleased in a way as I now know what's been causing my problems but I'm also gutted as I was hoping to reuse these as they are performance cams.

Luckily I've got a set of stock cams here so I've fitted them to the new engine... for now...wink..

More progress, crack pipe, thermostat housing, cams, oil filter housing, chain covers, wiring loom, new oil pump, oil cooler, rocker cover and alternator all fitted.

I've also fitted the cam follows from my old engine, these only have a few hundred miles on them so seemed silly not to reuse them.

image_zpsdfe8989d.jpg

New oil pump fitted, this is the pump I bought for my original engine to try and solve the low oil pressure problem, it never got fitted so I thought I might as well fit it to my new engine.

IMG_4628_zpsbdebed13.jpg

Pulled the gearbox off the old engine and gave it a jet wash..

New engine on the right, old engine (original) on right. swapped over a few more bits like the sump etc.

IMG_4629_zps1de7d7ed.jpg

Gearbox now fitted with the original clutch, loads of meat on it so not worth replacing, I assume Andy may have replaced when he had the box rebuilt.

IMG_4630_zps5ba8387b.jpg

IMG_4631_zps2cfaff2b.jpg

All ready to fit now, hopefully dropping it in tomorrow.

Rog.