MK3 Golf OBD1 VR6 to Corrado 2.9 VR6 conversion :)

I have already converted my 16v MK3 to OBD1 AAA VR6, unfortunately the engine had bottom end troubles, and with it being a high mileage engine, instead ooth f rebuilding the engine, I have sourced a Corrado VR6 ABV 2.9 to drop in the bay :)

My question is, as they are both OBD1, am I right in thinking I can leave the AAA main wiring loom from the fusebox to the engine bay, and just swap over the 2.9 engine and use the corrados engine wiring loom, and plug the ECU into the main harness instead of the AAA counterpart?

I would like to convert the 2.9 to OBD2, but that means replacing the main wiring loom and the servo etc coming out again so I'm definitely not in any hurry for that lol! I just want to get it on the road and drive the thing. After that, I'd like to fit MSD coilpacks, decat pipe and give the engine a good service with new oil, oil filter, plugs, fuel filter, air filter etc :)

• 3 weeks later...

The 2,9 will hopefully be going in, on this coming weekend so until then I can't say. there isnt supposed to be much difference in performance between OBD2 AAA and the ABV engines in stock form though! Either way, my MK3 will be lighter than the Corrado, and a bit lighter than a standard Golf as I have no sound deadening, no carpets and no rear bench at the moment!