Hi,

I know this has been covered loads before, but not quite found the answer I'm looking for... I've just done a VR conversion into Mk2 Golf and I'm not happy with the gear change which came from a Corrado.

I know that the VW cable change is notorious for being sloppy, but was wondering if its livable when new and gets much worse with age. I've had a Golf VR6 before, but it was high millage, around 130/140 and I assumed thats why it was so sloppy. The corrado cable change I got was supposed to have been out of an 85k car and seems just as bad.

So I'm wondering if anyones had experience of using different millage cars, new ,old, low, high etc. Ive read that the B&M Quick shift will improve things greatly, but wonder if, although improving things, will still be sloppy if some bushes etc are worn due to age in the first place?

Has anyone advice on this? Is there any new/servicable parts I can buy, similar to the Rod change packs you see on ebay? Is it the stick end or gearbox end thats likely to be sloppy?

Cheers for any advice that you have!

yeah...its just crap tbh!

i've yet to hear of a good fix as well.....prob is if you get a quick shift kit you just end up 'beating' the syncros on every gearchange apparantely.

maybe look into using a 02j 'box from a mkIV V5? still cable but a bit better.