• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't see stretch as that much of a problem my self. People go on about cornering and stuff with them, and the bead popping. I know people who have had this happen on normal tyres as well. So it ju

Thread hijack!!!!! Look what I just picked up Couldn't resist sorry cabbs

...... You'll only get stretch from width cabbs, you can't get stretch with diameter, although... You could be the first, and myself and ben will help! Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do cabbs, and you keep your eyes peeled for some vari~focals for me coz at first glance I thought it was a merc. What motor is it then? Nissan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be me needing the vari's pal coz the more I look at it the more it looks like a merc. Haha.

Not sure what it is but think he fitted them shims wrong. Haha

Yes J the longest week starts today. I'm seriously impatient as it is so this week will kill me. Haha.

You ain't got any 5 channel amps sitting around have you pal? Keep your eyes peeled for one at right money mate.

Preferably an Alpine one as my system is all 80's retro ///Alpine. Haha

Edited by VR6CABBS

I saw one on eBay a week or so ago, wasn't alpine though. I think it was under £100 too. I'll have a look and see if I can see one.

Get pics of new wheels up pronto once you've got em cabbs, I'm looking forward to seeing em on.

Edited by Bealieboy

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111560524064

Have a punt at this cabbs, I'll even go and collect it for you, if you want?

Do you know mate them old kenwood amps are quality mate but I'd sooner have a alpine one.

I've got alpine everything so would sooner have alpine. It doesn't even have to be a big wattage one as its only gonna run replacement door, dash and maybe a set of 6x9's. Don't want mega banging sounds. Just nice crisp tunes. Lol.

But that's kind of you pal to offer to collect.

I don't see stretch as that much of a problem my self.

People go on about cornering and stuff with them, and the bead popping.

I know people who have had this happen on normal tyres as well. So it just down to how the tyre is fitted. I admit stretch is harder to fit, so needs more attention to get it right.

Plus look at jap drift cars, some of them run mental stretch, and they put huge amount of stress on the tyres when cornering.

I run 185 35 17 on my summers atm, they are tiny.

And I have 195 40 17 on my winter wheels.

Summers will be going back on to 195 40 17 soon, and the 185 already used to loose grip under full load, and with more power I will go slightly wider again.

So yeah wider tyres do grip better. But stretch tyres can corner at high speed so long at there fitted correctly.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Edited by c00k

Some sound advice there mate.

My concern with stretch is rim damage more so than bead popping but that's more to do with where I live and the local roads being country lanes. Obviously this isn't the case for everyone it's just my reason for not going mad with them.

I like the P-zeros, good grippy tyre. Tad on the noisy side but good all the same. I really rate Dunlop sport maxx too. They are expensive but they were fitted as standard to the mk4 r32 and used to stick like jizz on a blanket!

Love dunlop sport maxx J. I swear by them. Stick to the road like hedgehog and really hard wearing. As you say p-zero are abit noisy but these are the new ones. P-zero Nero.

Ment to have very little road noise.

Edited by VR6CABBS