I have these,

Jom Coilies

and to be honest they are not that bad. certainly for the price.

even the VR i have now was running these, although i was getting wheel rub where the car was slammed too much the stability was good, and could certainly throw her around corners and RB's

just an option for you.

Hmmmmm that's interesting. I was reading the diy guide on here and I'm tempted but u don't know if I could tackle it lol

Yeah I've read afew guides on how to make them yourself. Apparently it's the pump what's the expensive bit. They reckon on the web you can do the full job including parts for about £800

If you've got the patients why not have a go.

Yeah I've read afew guides on how to make them yourself. Apparently it's the pump what's the expensive bit. They reckon on the web you can do the full job including parts for about £800

The beauty of working with air systems and air suspension for a living

something about doing  my own air ride i dont trust lol, at least with coilies its only 3 bolts. one on the top mount and two on the leg!

with air bags there is alot more to go wrong! but i may have a go if big J steps up to the plate and offers some invaluable knowledge! :D

The beauty of working with air systems and air suspension for a living

the only air system i work with is the suspension on my Merceds Actros truck at work. not the greatest beast but i have rear-steer too lol

Well it's not a simple system really, and let's bare in mind my knowledge is of heavy systems that are highly electronically controlled but it is doable on a smaller scale.

You need for struts, a tank capable of holding enough pressure, compressor, a form of air dryer to eradicate moisture, 8mm plastic piping, one way check valve before the tank, a pressure regulating valve after the tank, guages, a form of levelling valve or controller and a few other bits depending how complex you want it to be

I deal with it daily, hence why I've got coilovers. I simply can't be arsed!

Well it's not a simple system really, and let's bare in mind my knowledge is of heavy systems that are highly electronically controlled but it is doable on a smaller scale.

You need for struts, a tank capable of holding enough pressure, compressor, a form of air dryer to eradicate moisture, 8mm plastic piping, one way check valve before the tank, a pressure regulating valve after the tank, guages, a form of levelling valve or controller and a few other bits depending how complex you want it to be

I deal with it daily, hence why I've got coilovers. I simply can't be arsed!

Well that was short and sweet. Haha. So back to topic.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Air would be perfect, as the roads around here are aweful! And I could deck it at shows n meets. But I cant justify buying air ride at the price it is, specially as the misses doesn't know I buying about £500 worth of suspension. £2599 would make her head explode!!!

my missus knows my intentions and needless to say she aint happy.

to be honest she aint happy anyway unless i buy her a house, get married and give her kids! when will she realise i have a kid of my own already (mk3 gti vr6 that is) :lol:

in all fairness she is rather understanding - and loves her cars also. so cant really complain but almost 3k on suspension she cant see the point

I can make digital airride set up for just over £1000 will quite afew bells and whistles.

About £1200 with fully braided lines.

about £800 for a slight stripped back system.

about £650 for anolog air ride.

And about £1700-1900 with sensors for self levelling, courner levelling, leak detection, etc. the full works.

Any one with the right knowledge could build there own kits for these prices.

I don't sell or offer these kits. I'm just saying it can be done and rough pricing.

But I'd be willing to help people out if they do want Info and help with parts :)

Mine cost me £1080 at first, but has had quite few upgrade since, and no owes me about £1400 - £1500.

But it's now got accuair manifold, wireless fob, full braided lines, automatic drain valve. And soon iphone controller and leak detection. They are included in the cost.

May even do courner levelling in the future but that's more money again lol

Edited by c00k

Ah damn you c00k. There was I reading away thinking you were going to fit it for me. Haha

Cheers for the info mate. Don't get me wrong I would like to try and do it myself but this would be happening later down the line once she is running and I have the time lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk