Mk3 vr6 96

I'm currently on 5x100 16" bbs rims (originals that came with car) tho I am running them on 20mm spacers and she is lowered on springs (I don't know by how much atm) pics : how she currently sits on springs on 16s....

3379c5435d59fbe63c6514ac6bed3c89.jpg

395f78e6ac0f3892358ad7c6625bb710.jpg

I have read that vr6 standard is et43 and to run with spacers reduces et ?

So my questions are :

Would I need spacers to fit : whistler KR1 16 5x100 8j et20 and 9j et25 be a good fit for my car ? And would I be able to just fit them straight on ?

The KR1 17 5x100s are also 8j et20 and 9j et25

Judging from pics above and taking in to account my current ride height , what would be the best size 16's or 17's ? Will they both fit the same ? As in ...No changing of spacers ? Or will one be easier to fit straight on ? Will handling be affected ? - note : I do plain to either fit air ride or coil overs in next year or two .. (Would prefer air)

Or do I get rid of spacers all together and fit a different et ? Help !! This is all quite confusing :/

Thanks in advance

Edited by redvr6_girl

Ok thank you

I spent quite a while trying to google the answer using various sites before I posted in here , hence I got the info above about using the 20mm with et20 and et25

Tho I know some one with 17 Porsche et35 front and rear , no spacers just straight on

So it's really confusing as one person telling me one thing another person something else and these sites another :/

The higher the offset number the bigger the spacer you use. I think you can go up to et15 and the wheel would still sit right but you would need stretched tyres.

You will have to bear in mind both rim width and offset when choosing your tyres and spacers.

I'm wanting to know what is deemed "correct" measurements for my car ?