Bleeding air out of vr

What's the best way to bleed air out of the vr with silicone hoses on.

I have tryed parked on a steep hill and took the cap of while Revving gently

My usual trick of jacking the passenger side up so the header tank is highest point with the cap off and Rev gently has worked.

There's air in the heater matrix and is possibly air locked

My next port of call is to take the return hose off the heater to get the air out that way ?

Thanks.

Any advice would be good

I've still got bit of air in the matrix after changing it hear it on start up and off since November!

I've tried filling the matrix with a hose pipe and rest you done but I still end up with bubbles that I can hear

Gone through 10l of g12++ trying, it don't over heat and I get hot air through the heater so I guess it's ok

I've still got bit of air in the matrix after changing it hear it on start up and off since November!

I've tried filling the matrix with a hose pipe and rest you done but I still end up with bubbles that I can hear

Gone through 10l of g12++ trying, it don't over heat and I get hot air through the heater so I guess it's ok

Mine gurgles a bit but I have read this can just happen. Not had mine over heat and still get warm air so I just leave it.

I've had this problem on of my vr6's and i thought it could be a weak water pump ? i never get airlocks in my 94 golf vr6 ( which has recently had a new genuine pump) but everytime i have to drain the coolant out of my other vr  it seems to get an airlock even after driving for months despite trying everything!

The vr6 which keeps getting the airlock had a cheap water pump fitted about 2/3 years ago before being used in a gti-vr6 conversion, with the cap off the header tank you can see it doesn't disturb the coolant even with 3000-4000rpm nearly as much as the other golf

Edited by rsweeney