Which cams should I go for?

I've never tuned an engine before and this Vr is crying out for more power.

I will be turbo'ing it within the next couple of years (need to save up or start buying parts) so need some to run n/a and suitable for turbos too.

Thanks.

Them cams I looked at are 199.99€

I want to keep this engine in as these passats are rare. Mine I one of 13 left out of 27 sold in the U.K.

I'm planning on turbo'ing it but not going down the spacer route. It's getting bore out and forged.

3.0L turbo vr6 and probably the only one in the UK. In a Passat (genuine one)

Edited by B4VR6

Well according to the website that sells them cams. They won't warrant them unless there fitted with there lifters which come in at €199.99.

So total price is €400 plus shipping.

Which it will be cheaper in pounds sterling but not much.

It says +12 bhp

But I have already got fitted a 2.9 intake.

I have a ported 2.9 tb to fit and a 2.5" stainless exhaust to go on.

So with a remap I should see a good gain.

But I'm looking at around £700 for about 25-50ish bhp.

But getting the cams now will come in when I do the rest for the turbo.

And doing the 3.0l I van go straight to the stage 2.

I'm going to get another engine and rebuild it (well a mate will rebuild it).

But for now I want some more power. Other than just a remap with my ported 2.9 tb I thought some cams would go nicely and get better value from the map.

• 1 year later...

Could anyone tell me what experience they have had with Piper264 cams?I was told to go for Autotech 262 but the delivery time is horrendous from USA and expensive! Does anyone know where I can find these in the UK?

I am a new member-hello!:) and my STD 2.9 Corrado is about to have its cam chain replaced and so I thought uprated cams might help lift the midrange and top end a bit?

Thanks.

Marcus.

18 hours ago, Marcus Roberson said:

Could anyone tell me what experience they have had with Piper264 cams?I was told to go for Autotech 262 but the delivery time is horrendous from USA and expensive! Does anyone know where I can find these in the UK?

I am a new member-hello!:) and my STD 2.9 Corrado is about to have its cam chain replaced and so I thought uprated cams might help lift the midrange and top end a bit?

Thanks.

Marcus.

VW Heritage do the Autotech cams, but their website says Non in stock? It might be worth giving them a ring to find out when the next batch are in though..? ;)