snowboarding holidays/igluski.com

Crystal , normaly book in Feb or March for a cheap deal , transfer is hell on a coach , appartments are gheto (all I need is a bed & a hot shower) , self catering.

Last year we did Tignes , £430 , flights , accomodation , transfers & full region lift pass.

Not sure on this years destination , done Tignes for the last two years so fancy a change , maybe even Snowbombing ...

Where you off to Cooz ?

Nice one. Just checked crystal ski out and they are a little cheaper. £600 all in isn't bad. Transfer on a coach is a pain but nothing I ain't use too!

Looking to head to tignes for the first time in January. Would also like try a festival like snowbombing or snowboxx. Eiher sound quality!

Some great deals to be had last min on there.

You will LOVE Tignes , if you've been boarding a while get the full region pass as you get Valdisere aswell for an extra £50 or so , the place is vast.

Some amazing funicular railways to be ridden & there is always somthing going on in town.

First year we went we got to watch this unfold right outside our apartment ....

World record long jump attempt in a 1000 BHP mini , beter than any cabaret show !

Edited by ER6

Haven't heard a bad thing about tignes yet so looking forward to it.

What's the best way to get to val disere from tignes?

Would have been worth going to just see that haha!

One of the local uni ski trips head off to tignes the same time as we are planning on going, so nightlife should be real good hopefully!

Got any ideas where you heading to next?

If you're staying in Val claret (best option as theres a lot of lift station's and it's on the end of town) take the bolin lift to col de fresse or If you are in Le Lac area then the aero ski Toviere , these will get you over the right directionto drop down into Val.

Tignes is a great big bowl with some amazing big reds & blues , Val is more flat on the tops then drops off to steep blacks and reds , somthing for everyone.

Night life is good but expensive , seven yozers a pint in some bars :o we tend to have one big night out & eat out ocasionaly , the sherpa supermarkets are fairly priced with the best one in the center of Tignes , Val claret side.

They build a pipe in Val claret & there are usualy comps on to watch most weeks.

Not sure about this year yet , got an invite to Italy and hear the hospitality makes up for the old lifts but I'm waiting to see what the rest of us fancy doing.

I would have paid good money to watch that jump , we were 3 floors up in one of the apartment blocks ovelooking the whole thing , the noise of that mini ripping along was great , but that crunch when it ragdolled down the landing ramp was grim.

If you're lucky he may be trying it again this year :lol: