Hello all,

Hoping you can help.

I've got an engine rattle on my VR6, I suspect it has always been there since I've owned the car, but I've had the chains etc etc all done recently and it is still there.

I've uploaded a video of what it sounds like, as you can see it is coming from the drivers side of the engine, would be grateful for any advice!!

Thanks

Edited by HopefulVr6

Could be a few things to be honest. 

Initially check pulley bearing and water pump as typically would become noisy. 

Have you you replaced hydrolic lifters at all as part of rebuild? 

You can easily take the slack off the serpentine belt to check condition of pumps and bearings etc... 

Pete

Thanks for your reply.

Lifters wern't done. Can they be replaced without removing the engine? How much am I looking at?

Waterpump was replaced and I asked the guy to do everything that needed doing, so I am hoping the belt and bearings is fine (but I appreciate it could still be that!).

Is it cause for concern? If so I might take it for inspection. Engine has only 80k miles and runs very nice (apart from this) so I want to do everything to preserve that.

Appreciate your help - I spent a lot on getting the chains and everything done as soon as I bought the car so I'm a bit gutted I still have these silly residual problems.

Edited by HopefulVr6