Knocking, grinding/rubbing noise from front

Hi all. Picked up my new vr6 highline yesterday. All is well but i noticed a not so good noise from the front..knocking/rubbing/grinding...not just a knock but abit of a grind noise aswel. Also seems to have a little bit of gearbox whine in first? Runs and drives fine...been told the top mount rubbers have been changed and the strut rubbers..also the car had mot in june and the garage would of seen this if it was happening then right? Thinking maybe driveshaft? Can driveshafts cause whining? Im going to the garage later today for them to have a look and to fit the new blue coolant sensor that the owner kindly purchased for me so i will see what they say....also can you get anything to tighting the gears up? As the gearbox seems abit slack, like a gearlinkage rubber or something? Thanks in advance

When im driving. No unusual noises on cold or hot starts, more whining in first gear. 2nd not that noticeable. But the knocking and the other noises are when driving, turning..pretty much does it all the time apart from at speed ie motorway etc

Took it to the garage and its a snapped coil spring! So a new set of coilovers now which im not happy about as i dont think you can buy just the spring and in not sure what coilovers are on it..then after that its sorting the front bit of the sills out, can you get anything to tighten up the gearbox? Like bushes? As its abit slack

13 hours ago, ASHP89 said:

Took it to the garage and its a snapped coil spring! So a new set of coilovers now which im not happy about as i dont think you can buy just the spring and in not sure what coilovers are on it..then after that its sorting the front bit of the sills out, can you get anything to tighten up the gearbox? Like bushes? As its abit slack

Doh. Yeah not good. No idea what brand they are? Usually easily to identify and sometimes able to get Spring direct from manufacturers.