2.8 24V Fuelling Question FI

Good evening folks,

I've been doing some research tonight but can't get a definitive answer, so no better place to ask but here.

I'm currently fitting my Vortech V9 to my Bora (BDE) running 10psi and I was wondering what I would need to upgrade on the fuelling side of things, it's the one area I haven't covered yet as I was going to run 8psi (stage 2) up until recently.

(1) Fuel pump? Can I run my stock on 10psi or do I need ie Walbro? I've heard they're noisy so would like something quite.

(2) Fuel pressure regulator, do I need to get a 4+ fpr? Or can my standard one handle 40lbs/min?

(3) injectors, I'm more than likely pushing my stock ones at 10psi but if I can get away with my oe ones for the time being I'm happy.

Thanks for the info Matt. That's strange I ran my stock pump at 280 for 3 years with no hassle, boosting 6psi.

I've gone with an intank fuel pump (320lph) as I heard those inline pumps are noisy, also Vince recommend going with a 4+ bar fpr as it'll help my stock injectors cope with 10psi, so hopfully that will do the job.

I'm running a Vortech V1 @ 9 PSI and 320CC injectors and went for an in tank Walbro from Stealth, a bit of a faff to fit but seems good so far - only down side is that you get surging when almost running on empty.

I was told that I probably would have been ok with my stock pump, but at 22 years old I wanted to cover the basics.

That's good info there Pete, thanks.

I'm running a baby compared to yours, mines a V9 with a 2.4" pulleys and supporting mods etc. I was told by the .:R boys to go with 630cc Bosch injectors as they're a great fit for the 24valvers and if I want a little more power it's there so then that might still be an option if I can get my hands on a set without going to the states.

I went for an adjustable fpr 3-5 bar from 034motorsport so that'll do me I hope.

What kind of power are you putting down Pete?

You will have some fun with a 2.4" pulley! Mine is a 2.75" and even with a duel idler pulley find I get belt slip - If I go for more boost in the future I.E lower boosting impeller and higher rated bearings, I will surely be going for a cogged pulley setup. 

My view was when fitting mine, get the basics covered, get it running and see what can be improved from there as I am probably pushing the limits at the moment without a spacer plate, meth and and an oil cooler :)

Yes true, mines smaller so the psi convert completely different with the pulley sizes. I have a idler bracket and pulley too so hopefully no belt slip, I'd be more than happy with 10psi tbh, that'll hopefully see me at 350ish.

Basics are hopefully covered now once I get the fuelling sorted, I'm going with a 9:1 cr head spacer I didn't want to go any lower as it'll be quite sluggish low down in the revs.

I think superchargerinovations do a cog kit for the V1? Not sure about Vito at e9p. 300 is plenty in a fwd anyway